Fall Down go Boom.. Went to Hospital today

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I was going through my morning routine. I woke Lance up. He got dressed and took Kota out and started the car while I'm checking messages and getting dressed myself. After I brushed my teeth I went outside to get Kota and bring her back in. As soon as I stepped into the door my foot slipped and I fell. I guess because my feet were wet from the snow. Anyway. I thought I broke my foot. We had to wait till my mother got here so she could watch Sierra. Then my hubby and his father got me in the truck and took me to the emergency room. Well it's a little chipped but it's so small that it's almost insignificant. But the muscle on the top of my foot is strained. So I'm resting at home for a few days. I'd appreciate your well wishes. Cuz it still hurts. Though they did give me some good meds. I'm on crutches for awhile and I'm keeping it elevated.

Since I'm not doing anything I've been sitting in my chair taking pictures of the animals. But I'm too tired to load them into my pc right now. I just took a vikatin (sp?).

Anyway just thought I'd let you know my glorious morning so far. Hope everyone is doing better than me!

Salem

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ouch! I hope your foot gets to feeling better soon!

You know...there are probably other things you could have done in order to be able to spend more time on TCS.....

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OUch!!!!
Several years ago I stumbled over a pile of lumber in the garage and broke one of the bones on top of my foot so I feel your pain. Sometimes vicodan has icky side effects (like insommia)-I hope it works for you or the doc can give you something else more effective.
Tkae it easy the next few days-I slept with a pillow under my foot too.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending prayers and hugs from Mississippi that you get to feeling better soon.

I am glad that it wasn't no worse.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww....poor footsie!
I hope you feel better FAST!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you feel better soon sweetie!
Till then- enjoy those happy pain pills!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SophieC

ouch! I hope your foot gets to feeling better soon!

You know...there are probably other things you could have done in order to be able to spend more time on TCS.....
lol. You caught me! Yep that was my intentions all along... lol. I feel kinda bad because I stayed home after lunch yesterday because of some bad food I ate. Now this. My boss has got to be thinking that I'm playing hookie...lol. Thankfully I have my father in law and hubby to back me up.
We all work at the same place.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like fun.... NOT!! I hope your foot heals fast. I bruised the top of mine pretty bad a few months ago. It hurt for a while. They gave me vicodin, 800 mg ibuprofen and one of those super cool blue shoes. Stay off it as much as possible.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ouch! I was given vicodin when I ripped off my toe nail. Apparently, not only did I try to chew my fingers off(I thought they were hot dogs), but I also said some very embarassing things I won't mention. Enjoy the vicodin!

{{{get well soon}}} vibes comin' your way!

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Ouch! I was given vicodin when I ripped off my toe nail. Apparently, not only did I try to chew my fingers off(I thought they were hot dogs), but I also said some very embarassing things I won't mention. Enjoy the vicodin!

{{{get well soon}}} vibes comin' your way!
lol. Oh boy. I haven't gotten silly yet. But maybe it builds in your system? I've taken 2 so far. And I'm a bit sleepy but I can force myself to stay awake.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Within like one hour I was a slobbering fool because of the vicodin!
Yet when they tried to numb up my toe to rip the nail completely off in the ER, it took enough anesthetic to numb up an adult twice my size & I could still feel it.

Look forward to seeing you on TCS all the time for a few days!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to agree - there are MUCH better ways to get the extra time on TCS!

Enjoy your free time - especially at TCS as you can't move around much.

(And I hope you're not in any pain and up and around pain-free super soon!)

Laurie

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Owieee!!!!!

I did something similar just a few days ago, so I feel your pain... literally!

My swelling hasn't gone down at all yet, and my foot feels all weird and out of place. It only hurts when I walk on it.

Here's hoping both of us heal soon and don't need any further treatment!

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

Owieee!!!!!

I did something similar just a few days ago, so I feel your pain... literally!

My swelling hasn't gone down at all yet, and my foot feels all weird and out of place. It only hurts when I walk on it.

Here's hoping both of us heal soon and don't need any further treatment!
Oh man. We can be two hop a longs together...
The doc only gave me 5 days off. Which means really just two days off work. So next monday I'm suppose to go back and I have my doubts at that moment that I'll be able to be on it 10 hrs on Monday. So I guess we'll see. Let me know how your doing.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Vicodin

I hope your foot feels better soon
Is that how that stuff is spelled... Sorry I'm so bad at spelling. And I'll never remember it either.