I have an interview on Friday!!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sooooooooooo excited!!! The shelter that I foster for just called me. A few weeks ago, i turned in an application to take on a job there as a shelter technician. I personally know everyone up at the shelter and i am usually up there several times a week with my foster kittens and other things. i'm familiar with the shelter and all the staff and animals. So it just made sense for me to apply when i heard of the open position. Well my friend Angela just called me a minute ago and wanted to set up an appointment for an interview!
So my interview is Friday at 11:30!!!!
/ I won't quit my other job until i know for certin i have this one- but it's a significant pay raise for me and the hours are sooooooooo much better- it's Thrs, Fri, Sat, and Sun mornings maybe a day or two mid week....but that means i'd be working only 4 days a week with a pay raise AND better hours!!!!
I'm soo happy. I'm really hoping i get this job- it'd just be perfect for me since i already foster for them
Could I get some job vibes if ya'll don't mind

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Though sounds like the perfect job for you- good luck with the interview

I suppose your partner must also work unusual shifts as working every weekend can't be easy

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a great opportunity for you-good luck with the interview!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou everyone! I appreciate that! I'll let you know how it goes on Fri!!! I'm sooo excited!!!

Originally Posted by silentNate

Wow! Though sounds like the perfect job for you- good luck with the interview

I suppose your partner must also work unusual shifts as working every weekend can't be easy
Yup- Colin is a police officer...never a normal shift for them! He WAS working the B shift 2:30-10:30pm until they switched him to another shift last week- 8:00-4:00 when they got them all radar certified when their new gear came in. and NOW he's working the C shift from 10:30pm-6:30 -7isham! I feel sooooo bad for him because it's totally messing up his sleep schedule
He's in the bedroom trying to sleep right now but it's not going so well...he's is a morning person and he's working the midnight shift
It's only supposed to be temporary but they didn't say for how long. So we really don't know. When they do move him back he's supposed to go back to his C shift. / He works 6 days on and 3 days off so he'll work mon-sat for example and have off sun-tues. so it changes every week- so me working the weekends won't matter since he doesn't have a normal 9-5

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Nikki, I hope you get this! You have major, major vibes from me, Raphie, Leo and Grace-face! It sounds PERECT for you!

I'm going through a similar thing here...we can be "working on getting awesome jobs" sisters!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou soo much everyone! I appreciate the job vibes!!! I'm really excited about this one- it would help me out sooooo much more financially and the days/hours are soooo much better for me. It's also less of a drive than my current job too so that would also be a perk
Thankyou again everyone! As soon as i know i'll let everyone know
/ I have my interview friday at 11:30 then i have to go into my other job from 1:30-6 so as soon as i get home i'll let ya'll know!

(Allie- we can definitely be job hunting sisters
Us and Kenzie too since we're all looking!
- i'm sending lots of good job vibes your way too!
)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

)
Yeah!
Lets hope we all find jobs soon!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

)
Yay! We SHOULD form a support group! I think Nat (Troutsmom) is or was also searching, as well as a few others. And support is definitely something the lot of us need...geez! This is so nerve wracking! Although, my situation CURRENTLY is a little bit like yours...an acquaintance of mine who has the job I want is moving and sent me an email asking me to PLEEEAAASSE take her job because she's so nervous her studio will be stranded with no teacher. It WOULD be that easy, except that I need to talk to her studio director to get "approved" as her replacement. I'm not sure if my situation is something where they told her to find a replacement and they just have to verify that I have the proper level of education and am not an axe murderer OR if this is going to be a formal interview process and Jessica simply recommended me as a possibility. Hopefully the former! It would rock to essentially have my dream job 3 days out of college! But I'm trying not to get too excited or hopeful...been there, done that, was totally devastated. But, I have a call in to the studio director and we'll see!

Working at a shelter is amazingly rewarding. Some days are a little spiritually exhausting...especially when you have to deal with surrended calls and obnoxious uneducated pet owners who don't know anything about anything. For the most part, though, the work is amazing and earning the love of all of your kitties and seeing them off to their forever homes is one of the most wondeful feelings in the world.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Yay! We SHOULD form a support group! I think Nat (Troutsmom) is or was also searching, as well as a few others. And support is definitely something the lot of us need...geez! This is so nerve wracking! Although, my situation CURRENTLY is a little bit like yours...an acquaintance of mine who has the job I want is moving and sent me an email asking me to PLEEEAAASSE take her job because she's so nervous her studio will be stranded with no teacher. It WOULD be that easy, except that I need to talk to her studio director to get "approved" as her replacement. I'm not sure if my situation is something where they told her to find a replacement and they just have to verify that I have the proper level of education and am not an axe murderer OR if this is going to be a formal interview process and Jessica simply recommended me as a possibility. Hopefully the former! It would rock to essentially have my dream job 3 days out of college! But I'm trying not to get too excited or hopeful...been there, done that, was totally devastated. But, I have a call in to the studio director and we'll see!

Working at a shelter is amazingly rewarding. Some days are a little spiritually exhausting...especially when you have to deal with surrended calls and obnoxious uneducated pet owners who don't know anything about anything. For the most part, though, the work is amazing and earning the love of all of your kitties and seeing them off to their forever homes is one of the most wondeful feelings in the world.
Oh Allie- that job sounds sooo perfect for you! I am really hoping you get it!!!!
/ I've ran a shelter before- so this job would be perfect for me! The last shelter i volunteered at was a not for profit 501 ch.3 organization it was all volunteer- but i ran the entire thing right up there with the owner. She had a major back accident a while back and was unable to work or even get out of bed so i ran everthing for about 2 months there and took care of her furbabies at her home too. So fortunately it won't be something i don't have experience with
I'm soo excited!!

Originally Posted by babyharley

Yeah!
Lets hope we all find jobs soon!
I'm sending lots of vibes your way!!! You'll find the right one soon!

Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Nikki, that's great!! GOOD LUCK with the interview! Good luck to you all!
Thankyou Susie!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck! Sounds like a dream job... kitties, good hours, more pay... yay! I sure hope you get it. I bet you have an advantage since they already know you.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

Good luck! Sounds like a dream job... kitties, good hours, more pay... yay! I sure hope you get it. I bet you have an advantage since they already know you.
I definitely think i have an advantage since they've already seen the quality of work i do with their fosters as a volunteer. That and i often spend many of my off days up there helping them groom the new animals and administer medicine and walk them. I also have a lot of experience medical wise as far as shots/iv's/cathaters/ deliveries/ tube feeding and things of that nature go...so that will definitely help.Hopefully they see how much i really care about the animals as a volunteer and know that it will extend into a career
I'm excited! It definitely helps being good friends with the directors up there- one lives right by us, Angela, and comes over to our house occassionally- they're all sweet and we all get along really well. It also helps to that i know many of the vets personally around the city- especially the ones that come in every week to spay/neuter our shelter animals. Also- since Colin is a cop and is a city employee- it helps to have his reference as well since it's a city job. I'm praying i get it!
The extra money will REALLY help me save up so that i can open my flower shop in the future when i'm ready.

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of vibes from me that you sail through your interview with flying colors. It sound like a wonderful job.

Tricia