Canadian Living Pet Photo Contest

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just thought I would pass it along
If anyone from here enters and wins I'm sure we would all be happy to hear!

Canadian Living Pet Photo Contest Rules

Complete Rules & Regulations

HOW TO ENTER:
Enter by submitting your name, address, daytime telephone number,
e-mail address and a photo of your pet at www.canadianliving.com. Or send your entry by mail to:

c/o Transcontinental Media Inc.
P.O. Box 7750, Stn. B
Toronto, ON
M2K 2Z9

Online entries are limited to one per day per person for the duration of the contest. Enter as often as you wish by mail, but each entry must be mailed in a separate envelope bearing sufficient postage. Each entry must contain a unique photo of your pet; duplicate entries will not be accepted. Illegible entries, bulk mailings, or reproductions are ineligible. All entries must be received by 5 p.m. (ET) Friday, April 20, 2007. No purchase necessary.

PRIZES:
One first prize winner will be selected by a panel of Canadian Living judges, to be determined by Canadian Living, based on the quality of entries, on Friday, May 4, 2007, in Toronto, Ontario, at the offices of Transcontinental Media Inc.

One first prize of an Olympus EVOLT E-500 digital single-lens reflex (SLR) camera will be awarded. Approximate value of first prize is $899.95 CDN.

One second prize winner will be selected by a panel of Canadian Living judges, to be determined by Canadian Living, based on the quality of entries, on Friday, May 4, 2007, in Toronto, Ontario, at the offices of Transcontinental Media Inc.

One second prize of an Olympus Stylus 720 SW camera will be awarded. Approximate value of second prize is $449.95 CDN.

One third prize winner will be selected by a panel of Canadian Living judges, to be determined by Canadian Living, based on the quality of entries, on Friday, May 4, 2007, in Toronto, Ontario, at the offices of Transcontinental Media Inc.

One third prize of an Olympus SP-150 Ultra Zoom camera will be awarded. Approximate value of third prize is $349.95 CDN.

Three runner-up prize winners in the cat category will be selected by a panel of Canadian Living judges, to be determined by Canadian Living, based on the quality of entries, on Friday, May 4, 2007, in Toronto, Ontario, at the offices of Transcontinental Media Inc.

Three runner-up prizes in the cat category of a $250 Whiskas gift certificate will be awarded. Approximate value of runner-up prize in the cat category is $250 CDN.

Three runner-up prize winners in the dog category will be selected by a panel of Canadian Living judges, to be determined by Canadian Living, based on the quality of entries, on Friday, May 4, 2007, in Toronto, Ontario, at the offices of Transcontinental Media Inc.

Three runner-up prizes in the dog category of a $250 Pedigree gift certificate will be awarded. Approximate value of runner-up prize in the dog category is $250 CDN.

Three runner-up prize winners in the "other" (not cats or dogs) category will be selected by a panel of Canadian Living judges, to be determined by Canadian Living, based on the quality of entries, on Friday, May 4, 2007, in Toronto, Ontario, at the offices of Transcontinental Media Inc.

Three runner-up prizes in the "other" category of $200 cash will be awarded. Approximate value of runner-up prize in the "other" category is $200 CDN.

Prizes must be accepted as awarded, and are not transferable or convertible to cash, except at the option of Canadian Living (Transcontinental Media G.P.), Olympus and Effem Foods (together, the "Contest Sponsors"). Prizes may not be sold or traded. Should the winner refuse a prize, the Contest Sponsors and their respective advertising and promotional agencies are released from any obligation related to the prize. Selected entrants will be notified by phone on or before Friday, May 18, 2007. The Contest Sponsors retain the right in their absolute discretion to make substitutions of equivalent kind or value in the event of the unavailability of any element of a prize for any reason whatsoever.

HOW TO WIN:
Your mailed or online entry must be received by 5:00 p.m. (ET) on the
contest closing date, Friday, April 20, 2007. To win a prize, selected entrants must have complied with the contest rules and must sign a standard liability/publicity release releasing the Contest Sponsors and their respective advertising and promotional agencies and the judging organization from any damage or loss that may result from entering this contest or accepting and/or utilizing a prize. Each prize winner must return the completed forms within five (5) days of receipt.

If the completed forms are not returned within the deadline, if the
selected entrant is not eligible for any reason or if the selected entrant cannot be contacted after two business days of the first attempt to contact the selected entrant, such entrant shall be disqualified and the Contest Sponsors shall have the right to select another entrant and the Contest Sponsors shall be released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The selected entrant will be disqualified and another potential winner drawn at random from all eligible entries. The newly selected potential winner must return completed release form within five (5) days of receipt. By entering, contestants consent to the use of their photographs, names, and places of residence, without compensation, in print, radio or televised publicity relating to the contest.

Only one prize per family, household or address will be awarded.

WHO CAN WIN:
This contest is open to all residents of Canada aged 18 and older except employees, directors and officers (and those with whom they are domiciled) of the Contest Sponsors and their respective advertising and promotional agencies. The Contest Sponsors and their respective affiliates, their advertising and promotional agencies accept no responsibility in any case where their inability to satisfy these contest rules arises from any situation which is outside of their control including but not limited to a situation of strike, lock-out or other labour strife in
the Contest Sponsors' workplaces or in the workplaces of any organization or entity whose services are used for running this contest. The Contest Sponsors accept no responsibility for entries lost, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, delayed or destroyed or for the failure or malfunction of any hardware, software or telecommunication component relating to online entries. The Contest Sponsors have the right, subject to the approval of the RÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]gie in QuÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]bec, to terminate or alter
the rules of the contest at any time without notice for any reason
whatsoever.

All entries become the property of Canadian Living (Transcontinental
Media G.P.), which assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed,
damaged, postage-due or misdirected entries or for any failure of the
websites during the promotional period, for any problems or technical
malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line
systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software,
failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Canadian Living
(Transcontinental Media G.P.) on account of technical problems or
traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any
combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or
any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or
downloading any material in the promotion. Canadian Living
(Transcontinental Media G.P.) reserves the right, in its sole
discretion to cancel or suspend the e-mail portion of this contest
should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of
Canadian Living (Transcontinental Media G.P.) corrupt the security or
proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately
damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this
promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an
attempt be made, Canadian Living (Transcontinental Media G.P.) reserves
the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted
by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to
verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible,
mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or
tampered with in any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules
and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.

QUEBEC CONTESTANTS:
For residents of QuÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]bec, any dispute concerning the conduct or
administration of a publicity contest may be submitted to the RÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]gie des
alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any dispute concerning
the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the RÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]gie only for the
purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.

THE ENTRIES:
The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and
municipal laws. No correspondence will be entered into except with the
selected entrants and individuals requesting a copy of contest rules.
The odds of an entry being selected depend on the number of eligible
entries received by the contest closing date. All entries become the
property of Canadian Living (Transcontinental Media G.P.). The Contest
Sponsors will be collecting data about entrants through the contest
entry process. Any personal information will be handled in accordance
with the privacy policy of Canadian Living (Transcontinental Media
G.P.). By entering the contest, each entrant consents to the
collection, use and distribution of his/her personal information
(information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home
telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsors for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling the contest.
The Contest Sponsors will not sell or transmit this information to third
parties unless the entrant has specifically consented to same, the
Contest Sponsors believe in good faith that it is required by law, to their
affiliates (provided that such affiliates and their agents and advisors
and their respective employees are restricted from using the
information for any other purpose other than as described in these
rules and regulations), or to their respective agents for data
processing purposes, their respective professional advisors and
promotional and marketing agencies (provided that such agents,
professional advisors and promotional and marketing agencies are
restricted from using the information for any purpose other than as
described in these rules and regulations). Any inquiry concerning the
personal information held by the Contest Sponsors should be addressed to Transcontinental Chief Privacy Officer, 1 Place Ville Marie, Suite
3315, Montreal, Quebec, H3B 3N2, e-mail:
[email protected], fax: (514) 954-2802.

CONTEST SPONSORS:
The Contest Sponsors are Canadian Living (Transcontinental Media G.P.), Olympus and Effem Foods.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i was all psyched until i saw you had to be a resident of canada

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

i was all psyched until i saw you had to be a resident of canada
sorry bout that....we Canadian's seem to be a rare breed around here...

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I entered a picture already, and now I'm waiting until tomorrow so I can enter another. Then I'm going to keep on entering every day until all my better pictures have been submitted. That first place prize (and 2nd and 3rd) sound sooooo dreamy, lol. I'm such a camera freak, lol

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I entered Bijou's baby picture - thanks for the heads-up on this contest. I never win anything so I'm not sitting here getting excited but I sure hope you or one of our Canadian members gets to win something. That would be so great!

Here's the photo I submitted.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I LOVE that pic... I am just going to submit one pic per day for the next (how long can we submit for
)
I am at work so I couldn't access your albums to see your pics. I submitted one of Mika in Jennifer's name (our daughter - her cat). Hope I don't forget to tell her I submitted her name.

I can't see me submitting a photo every day though.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Linda! I'm glad you submitted that pic -- I've always loved it. Kitten silly as well as gorgeous.

I must sort through my stuff on the weekend, when I have time to lose myself in it

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Oh, Linda! I'm glad you submitted that pic -- I've always loved it. Kitten silly as well as gorgeous.

I must sort through my stuff on the weekend, when I have time to lose myself in it
Thanks, it's a favourite of mine as well. His ears looked so big for the rest of him. I remember sending it to my friend and her first comment was, "do you think his ears are big enough". He looks like a little blue-eyed bat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Thanks, it's a favourite of mine as well. His ears looked so big for the rest of him. I remember sending it to my friend and her first comment was, "do you think his ears are big enough". He looks like a little blue-eyed bat!
Yeah but the look of Love
in his eyes.......awwwwwwwwwwww just too cute

This is one of my favorite pics....Black Beard with his Greyhound stuffy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6..._N_teddy-1.jpg

and Darcey looking like she was just kicked

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...munk/dead2.jpg