Vet trip again- vibes =(

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, it looks like I am taking JR to the vet again. He went about 2 months ago for a cold, and now there's something with his eye. He won't open it and there's this gooey yellow stuff coming out, so I'm afraid he got it scratched.
I can't catch a break. The vet doesn't come in for another hour, and I have to go buy another carrier since the other one got left out in the rain. I don't get paid till Friday, so I have no money at the moment, so let's hope this isn't going to be expensive. I hate to say that, because I love my guy's, but sometimes *sigh*. Just sends some vibes our way that this isn't something too bad. Poor JR has seen the vet more times than any other kitty in this house now.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope that JR is okay! Let us know how the vet visit goes.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope its nothing serious

Many vibes for you and JR {{{}}}

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and I hope your vet will take payments for your visit. I know some vets will work with you on this, after all it is the patient that should come first and be taken care of.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
$110 later, a ticked cat, and a scratched third eyelid. They dyed his eye and used a blacklight and he HATED it. 2 meds, Atropine for the pain, and Gen-something as the antibiotic. Argh, no more sibling fighting. He's fine now though. Thanks for the vibes. I'm glad this wasn't any worse, which is could have been. It's soooo gross looking though

Edited to add this: I know how much he weighs now. 14lbs!! He's not called "Fatty-fat" for no reason, but they said he was healthy.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is he getting Gentak eye drops? If so, those stink to put in a cats eye! Everytime I've had to use those for a shelter kitties eye, they always fought big time, even the ones who are normally good about eye meds...

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad it was'nt too serious

So they think he got scratched by another kitty?
I hope he heals up quickly!

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's Gentocin. 4x a day. The Atropine is what sucks though because she said it tastes salty, so once it gets in his tear ducts, he starts foaming/drooling at the mouth. She said it's normal, but still makes my heart skip a beat. Of course then I get grossed out cause he shakes his head, and kitty spit goes EVERYWHERE.

Originally Posted by white cat lover

Is he getting Gentak eye drops? If so, those stink to put in a cats eye! Everytime I've had to use those for a shelter kitties eye, they always fought big time, even the ones who are normally good about eye meds...
I'm pretty sure he was hit in the eye by Jack. They fight like crazy sometimes, not mean, but they can throw down on a good wrestle sometimes.

Originally Posted by chichismom

I'm glad it was'nt too serious
So they think he got scratched by another kitty?
I hope he heals up quickly!

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I gave JR to weekend to see some improvement, but there wasn't. I took him back in earlier, and they gave us some different eyedrops, and some Clavamox. I'm kinda mad with my vet now though, and I don't know if I should be. They charged me for a recheck since it's been less than 15 days, and charged me for the new meds when the old ones didn't work. Argh... I just feel bad for JR. You can see in his face how icky he feels. I just wish it wasn't costing so much money. Hopefully this route works out better.