Do you ever wonder...

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
whebn u go to bed and ur cats jump in bed with u, if they stay there the whole time ur sleeping, thats just such a mystery to my because sometimes I will find them in almost if not the same spot as they were when I went to bed, Also do u wonder what does ur kittie or kitties do while u are sleeping??

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, cause they dry food i leave out for them is gone when i get up. I find cat toys, dead spiders etc in the bed.

and of course they wait for the hand and feet monsters to move

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Oh you think it's bad with a kitty playing "blanket monster"....try a huge dog! OMG! I made the mistake of teaching fosters how to get the blanket monsters (our hands and feet) under the covers when we first got him- uhhh now he's huge and he wakes us up all hours of the night pouncing our feet and trying to eat them then snorting and jumping on them
It's really gonna be super when i move my girls in and ALL of them play that game

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I definitely wonder about that....especially our dog Fosters.lol
I know our dog cocoa at night he sleeps in the livingroom, and when I come upstairs he usually will sleep out in front of my door, he is too bad with the guniea pigs and rabbit
and hes a bed hog
but soon as my dad leaves for work and opens my moms door cocoa is there until she wakes up which isnt that long after he lays there (hes a huge lab
) and he is also a cover stealer, now Jasmine our black lab she will move around, and she is comfortable in the most uncomfortable positions, but she will find her way upstairs most of the time and lay by my dads pillows, but on occassion she is lazy and wants help getting into the bed and man is she HEAVY

Originally Posted by theimp98

Nope, cause they dry food i leave out for them is gone when i get up. I find cat toys, dead spiders etc in the bed.

See stormie used to love the feet monster but not anymore because thats where we sleep well right on them or beside them, she is always sleeping right by me usually and when I am not around she steals my spot in my bed, and Bella well she is lazy and getting fat
shes either on her cat bed (which they sleep on the top of it instead of inside where its all nice and warm) or she sleeps directly on top of me, or on my pillows, but I do wake up often with most of me off my bed, mind u I have a queen sized bed and I take up only a small portion of it
but sometimes stormie is in the same position and same with bella, it just makes u wonder sometimes

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh you think it's bad with a kitty playing "blanket monster"....try a huge dog! OMG! I made the mistake of teaching fosters how to get the blanket monsters (our hands and feet) under the covers when we first got him- uhhh now he's huge and he wakes us up all hours of the night pouncing our feet and trying to eat them then snorting and jumping on them
It's really gonna be super when i move my girls in and ALL of them play that game
well ur gonna have a lot of fun
what kind of dog do u have?? , I think mine learned not to play the feet monster game with me because when I sleep and when I am going to sleep I move my feet so they are constantly going
and I guess when stormie thought i was playing I was proly into a deep sleep and had no emotion, because she could care less about things moving under the covers now

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

whebn u go to bed and ur cats jump in bed with u, if they stay there the whole time ur sleeping, thats just such a mystery to my because sometimes I will find them in almost if not the same spot as they were when I went to bed, Also do u wonder what does ur kittie or kitties do while u are sleeping??
Because my bf and I are both night-owls, I have the answer to this question, at least concerning Wonton. Sometimes my bf will stay up late watching tv in bed, but I"ll go to sleep. Wonton prefers sleeping next to me cos I toss and turn less. Quite a few times I've gone to sleep at midnight and woken up at five I am with Wonton still next to me, and asked my bf "Was he there all this time?"

"yep"

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arcadian girl

Because my bf and I are both night-owls, I have the answer to this question, at least concerning Wonton. Sometimes my bf will stay up late watching tv in bed, but I"ll go to sleep. Wonton prefers sleeping next to me cos I toss and turn less. Quite a few times I've gone to sleep at midnight and woken up at five I am with Wonton still next to me, and asked my bf "Was he there all this time?"

"yep"
awe thats soo cute
See at least theres another night owl with u that can answer that question for u
me I am the only night owl in this house
except for some reasons the kitties will go to sleep when I do, and thank goodness they dont start playing like they used to right before bed, and I havent woken up with any cuts lately so thats a very good sign

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

well ur gonna have a lot of fun
what kind of dog do u have??
We have a little fluffy monster
(hehe just kidding -he's an Australian Shepherd/Collie mix) and as of right now we also have a carolina dog/chow chow mix and a basset hound/beagel mix we're thinking about adopting (it's kind of a test run for us- colin's friend was trying to rehome them so we are seeing how it goes.)

This is the little fluffy monster that enjoys attacking my feet though
He's worse than all my kitties combined when he plays "blanket monster

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We have a little fluffy monster
(hehe just kidding -he's an Australian Shepherd/Collie mix) and as of right now we also have a carolina dog/chow chow mix and a basset hound/beagel mix we're thinking about adopting (it's kind of a test run for us- colin's friend was trying to rehome them so we are seeing how it goes.)

This is the little fluffy monster that enjoys attacking my feet though
He's worse than all my kitties combined when he plays "blanket monster
what a cutie though
it would be so hard to get mad at that face
hmmm and also on the other 2 are u thinking of adopting both of them??? I hope all goes well, I want updates
thats it i am going to be the lady down the street, theres this really nice lady that we are friends with and she has 3 or 4 dogs and well ones a puppy that someone threw over her fence because they knew she would take care of it, and man is that little girl a handful and she is very protective of me i was with my brother today and we stopped to say hi so I got out and i felt bad for the lady her name is marylou because poor winnie hasnt seen me for a few months and she went crazy
she was pulling marylou and then she barked at my brtoher and she growled at my other brother, and they walked up my alley one night (only house on my street mind u) and some guy was walking and winnine lost it because he was by my house
but she also has 12 indoor cats i do believe and 2 strays/ferals that she cares for as well. Bless mary lous heart, and i give her credit all but one of her animals are rescues
But one day thats going to be me i know it

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Sho sleeps like the dead for hours on end. We've actually left the house for several hours and came back to find him in the exact same position, still asleep.

He only plays blanket monster when he can be the blanket monster under the blankets, so I'm safe from him. Tomas prefers bare toes, he seems to enjoy licking them.

Years ago I taught my dad's dog to play blanket moster, it didn't work quite right. Instead she tried to dig me out/pull the blanket off, maybe she feared I was going to sufficate? I've had Sho attempt to dig me out from under the blankets a time or two before too.

Oh wait, Sho has now finally woke up and changed positions after 4 hours!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

what a cutie though
it would be so hard to get mad at that face
hmmm and also on the other 2 are u thinking of adopting both of them??? I hope all goes well, I want updates
lol thankyou. right now they're all being good (shhhhh- don't wake the sleeping angels!
) and they're sound asleep. Digger is on the couch with me, Brownie is in the floor, and Fosters is under my couch. As soon as i get in bed they will ALL try to get in bed with me
We're not sure we're keeping brownie or digger at the moment- i think we decided to just keep one of the two for now because 3 dogs is just a bit much for us since we're about to add our 3 girl kitties too. So i'm trying to find a good home for them if we don't keep them. Colin likes digger and i like brownie lol so we'll see which one we wind up keeping. Also- Fosters is uber jealous (even though they all get along and play nice) and we want to make sure Fosters is tended to the most and we don't upset him since he was here first. So we're just taking a week or two and seeing how it works out to really give them a chance to mesh together and see how things work
I'm also trying to see if my aunt would like to adopt brownie- she LOVES hound mixes and he'd just be perfect for her. But i'm not sure yet. I'll let you know as soon as we decide. At the moment- Fosters gets along with Digger the best -so he might be the one we adopt. No tellin!
Till then though they're both getting spoiled rotten and lots of love. / Your neighbour sounds soo sweet!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats are pretty good as staying in one spot as long as I do!!
The dogs on the other hand, well...........lets just say, that dont sleep worth a darn.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saki is almost always at the foot of my bed in the mornings when I wake up

Zoey usually appears out of nowhere and meets me in the bathroom for our shower

My cats are incredibly smart. When my alarm goes off I hit snooze about 3 times. Well, they know the difference when I hit snooze, and when I actually turn the alarm off and its time to get up. When I turn the alarm off both cats usually follow me into the bathroom or meet me there for shower time

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know exactly what Trout does while I sleep:

Bites me
Plays with the blinds
Eats plastic
Runs around the house
Opens my drawers, plays in them
Attacks my feet
SOMETIMES she cuddles in but only for maybe an hour throughout the night

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know for a fact Tiger stays with me all night..
but Miagi is a different story.
he will sleep with me for awhile and then go sleep with my parents for awhile.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
last night or early morning we shall say
Stormie was sleeping by my side after i hid everything because she tries to play with the ashtray
such a brat huh
but I woke up and i was on my side, and well so was stormie
which she does every once in a while but i kept going back to sleep (the phone woke me up once and i had to take down a number and stormie kind of got kicked off my lap) so she kept going right back to my side
let me tell u tho my neck hurts like heck today