Can't Sleep. :C

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

For the past hour I have been trying to go to sleep. Only problem is that once I lay down, I cough so bad my eyes water and eventually I start gagging.
I drank water to try and see if that would help, but after 5 more minutes of constant coughing, I threw up all the water.

Now my gut hurts so bad from all that coughing. Which has finally stopped. But I'm afraid of going back to lie down because I think that it'll start again.
I tried a cough drop, that made it worse. I don't have any cough medicine either.

I just wanna go to sleep for a couple of hours.

Now my chest feels as though someones sat on it. Stupid flu.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww sweetie- you need to go to the doctor soon if this doesn't clear up
Try laying down with your head elevated

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sounds like a night sleeping in a chair, i have had to do that a few times.
sometimes something hot, tea, or something like that with some honey will help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to try propping myself up with a couple pillows and se if that works.

if not, i'm going on a tea hunt. i know I have honey... just not sure on the tea bit.

Thanks.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

I'm going to try propping myself up with a couple pillows and se if that works.

if not, i'm going on a tea hunt. i know I have honey... just not sure on the tea bit.

Thanks.
If you don't have tea- fix you a mug with hot water and add a pinch of sugar, honey, and some citrus fruit slices to it (oranges, lemons, limes) mix it all up- it tastes great and will sooth your throat

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how u feel, I am so congested but its my sinuses and I wish I could breath again
and I am congested in my head and now my lungs so the coughing is coming
I should be sleeping but I cant, I have been up since 10 am and its now 3:50 am and I cant sleep
but let me tell u its been quit a day
I hope u feel better soon
and u can get some sleep too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got to sleep at around 4:30 I think.. I stopped keeping track of time at around 3:45. But Orion came and laid on my chest, and even though it was uncomfortable, I fell asleep with him laying there.
Had to get up at 7 for the dogs though.

I'm definately going to try that now, thanks.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh you poor thing. Do try sitting up with a bunch of pillows or blankets or whatever to prop you up comfortably. Cough drops didn't work? That usually does it for me and I keep a few by my bedside...provided one of the kits doesn't take off and play with it that is.

Now this might sound yucky but it might work. My mom used to give me this when I was a kid and IT DID WORK. Do you have olive oil? She used to give me a small spoonful of it with a little salt sprinkled in it...like I said, it sounds gross but it would kick my cough and let me sleep.

Hope you feel better soon...
Hilda >^..^<

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My eldest son is asthmatic, and as soon as he gets a cold it get onto his chest and he has nights like this, coughing all the time. The doctor told us the best thing for these night time coughs, regardless of your general health, is to inhale steam just before bed, to open your airways - and then sleep slightly elevated.

You poor thing!!! The honey and lemon is great too - really soothing and tastes good too!!

Hope you're asleep by now!!