eternal embrace

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow...you know..that is really sweet (mortality aside). They loved each other that much that even in death they were side by side
I definitely would love to find out more about them. I hope they update with news soon! That is a really neat find.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol i just have this idea, of a guy trying to run away with some girl that he was not allowed to have. and the kings guards chasing them down. only to to end up killing them both..

oh man, i think i have watched to many movies or something.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

lol i just have this idea, of a guy trying to run away with some girl that he was not allowed to have. and the kings guards chasing them down. only to to end up killing them both..

I think so

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I think so
I think it's nice to speculate.

I kinda wonder if it was me in a past life.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

I think it's nice to speculate.

I kinda wonder if it was me in a past life.
yep, that is kinda what you do with history trying to find out what happen.
like there first idea why they are together. Based on they said the arrows were
does not make sense. Sounds to me more like someone trying to get away.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

yep, that is kinda what you do with history trying to find out what happen.
like there first idea why they are together. Based on they said the arrows were
does not make sense. Sounds to me more like someone trying to get away.
Well, given the chance of them dying together like that (unless suicide), and given funerary custom across the world - at a guess, realistically, at least one of them wasn't there voluntarily.

Are you familar with the site at Dolni Vestonice?

(Oh: I'm being pedantic, but this probably falls into the catagory of prehistory, not history.)

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it was a site in eastern europe, where they found, some early hunter site, and three people buried strange? i dont remember what country. dont know much about it accept that part.

Oh i admit that one of them may not have been of there own free choice. But with a arrow in the back and one in the side? i guess if the one in the side was shot in heart.still why waste a arrow back then. still unless the they were placed that way, then were they still alive when they buried them? granted we may never know. just
kinda fun to think about. since they said its the first time they found people hugging.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

it was a site in eastern europe, where they found, some early hunter site, and three people buried strange? i dont remember what country. dont know much about it accept that part.
Yes and no. Dolni Vestonice is near the town of Brno, the capital of Moravia in the Czech Republic. The Czech Republic is in Central, not Eastern Europe (in fact the middle of Europe is in the Czech Republic). Central Europe was previously (and still sometimes, mainly by historians) called Middle Europe.

I believe the DV site is about 28000 years old.

Oh i admit that one of them may not have been of there own free choice. But with a arrow in the back and one in the side? i guess if the one in the side was shot in heart.still why waste a arrow back then. still unless the they were placed that way, then were they still alive when they buried them? granted we may never know. just
kinda fun to think about. since they said its the first time they found people hugging.
Good point on the arrow-head wasting. Maybe some religious signifcance (hey, scary all powerful divine things, we offer you these humans, and we're throwing in a pair of hi-tech arrow heads)? Or maybe an appeal of sorts (ok, we had to kill you for (blah) reason, but we're letting you take this shiny, valuable arrow head to the underworld, so please don't come back to haunt us)?

On the placement, they could have been drugged (not unlikely given later pagan sacrifical practice) and placed/directed into position and than killed (sacrificed)?

Given that this find is significantly later than the DV find, it's possible that they were both being punished (again criminal sacrifice come in pagan cultures) for contravening sexual taboos (again given prominent theories on the DV find).

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

On the placement, they could have been drugged (not unlikely given later pagan sacrifical practice) and placed/directed into position and than killed (sacrificed)?

Given that this find is significantly later than the DV find, it's possible that they were both being punished (again criminal sacrifice come in pagan cultures) for contravening sexual taboos (again given prominent theories on the DV find).
yea, but that is not a romantic, book/movie version i had in mind. maybe they will be able to tell us more as they look more around the site.

Oh you talk about the sexual taboo, it caused me to remember, the 3 that were found. 2 male one female. at the DV site. If i remember right the women was deformed. and something about them being covered in red clay?.... i remember thinking that the 2 got caught having ,, err, you know. with a her so they killed the three and then marked it with the red paint/clay to maybe scare away some old god.

will have to look that up when i get home

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw that this morning, and it is really touching. I wish I had someone in my life that I could hug for 5,000 years.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I saw that this morning, and it is really touching. I wish I had someone in my life that I could hug for 5,000 years.
I thought it was wonderful too. I hope they do come up with some romantic story to explain it!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I just found this too and was about to post a thread about it! Isn't it lovely...yet so sad at the same time

Hilda >^..^<

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

This is an amazing story ! They are even dubbing them Romeo & Juliet as they were found in the same city featured in the story !

romeo & juliet
the past is a amazing story, hehe yea it is the same city as romeo & juliet.
i always find these types of find very amazing.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it is really beautiful. I hope they do update us with more stuff - especially with the forensic anthropologist's report - hopefully they will be detailed!!!!

I think it appeals to the romantic side to people. It brings to mind the song by Rick Astley 'Together forever and never to part, together forever we two, I would move heaven and earth to be together forever with you...' I hope they are put back together after inspection.