Failed gravity test

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Someone on this forum once referred to a cat pushing something off a shelf, desk, dresser or table as 'checking gravity'. Well, Lynx had a failed test the other day. He chose to push my daughters headphones off her computer desk. The headphones were plugged into the computer speakers. When the final push knocked them over the edge they only went about half-way down and just dangled there. Lynx just sat there and stared. And stared. And stared. He finally looked around and found something else to push. When that hit the ground he jumped down and, totally ignoring the dangling headphones, walked out of the room with his head and tail up in the air. I swear my hubby and I were laughing so hard. I have never known that cat to not bat at something like that dangling. But he wouldn't even look at it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, we have had half-filled cups of water hit the floor in the middle of the night.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Telynn

Yeah, we have had half-filled cups of water hit the floor in the middle of the night.
lol i cant leave any glass sitting out as even if they are empty heyu will come along and trip them over.
often i have to keep moving what ever i am drinking to different spots on the desk to stop her from knocking it over.

lol did Lynx keep looking at you? heyu will push somethign stop and look at me then push it again, then look, almost like she is saying if you dont stop me, i will do it.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Fred and Nerm have their own wide-mouthed water glass next to the bed. this seems to distract them from hitting over mine (which can only be half-full or they will try drink mine).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

lol i cant leave any glass sitting out as even if they are empty heyu will come along and trip them over.
often i have to keep moving what ever i am drinking to different spots on the desk to stop her from knocking it over.

lol did Lynx keep looking at you? heyu will push somethign stop and look at me then push it again, then look, almost like she is saying if you dont stop me, i will do it.

Sometimes he will do that, but most of the time he just wants to push it off and watch it hit the ground.

markvg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Telynn

Someone on this forum once referred to a cat pushing something off a shelf, desk, dresser or table as 'checking gravity'. Well, Lynx had a failed test the other day. He chose to push my daughters headphones off her computer desk. The headphones were plugged into the computer speakers. When the final push knocked them over the edge they only went about half-way down and just dangled there. Lynx just sat there and stared. And stared. And stared. He finally looked around and found something else to push. When that hit the ground he jumped down and, totally ignoring the dangling headphones, walked out of the room with his head and tail up in the air. I swear my hubby and I were laughing so hard. I have never known that cat to not bat at something like that dangling. But he wouldn't even look at it.
That is a great story!

It is either Lynx is very smart (which I am sure is true) or it was one of them other things like where you trip over something and look back saying: "I planned that".