TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › **FEMALES ONLY** (monthly question)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**FEMALES ONLY** (monthly question)

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
I am a little worried because the situation I am about to discribe is something that is happening more and more. First a little background history, I had a miscarriage when I was 19 and I had a D&C since then my period has not been the same. I cramp really bad and usually the first day or two I have a lot of clotting. I know I am sorry this is gross but I would like some advice. I also cant really afford to go to the doctors either. I go through a box of tampons (super) usually within the first 2-3 days because of this. Has any one experienced these problems or does any body know what might be wrong with me? How worried should I be? I have to run out for a little but will be back shortly? Thanks for the help
post #2 of 18
You didn't say how long it has been since the D&C so don't know if they are related, but related or not, it sounds pretty serious to me. Are there any low cost clinics in your area? Most places have something like that, I think you need medical care. Planned parenthood might be able to refer you to a doctor or clinic that uses a sliding scale.
post #3 of 18
Endometriosis, possibly? In any case, go see someone...it doesn't seem normal, and I wouldn't risk letting this go.

Take care, and let us know what you find out, okay?
post #4 of 18
How big of a box of supers? When I was in my late teens, early 20's, I was using 2 extra super tampons with a heavy pad at 1 time and going thru them in an hour. That lasted about a year then went away. I found out later in life that I did have endometriosis, but typically that hits women in their later 20's that haven't had children. I have no idea when it started.

But I do suggest a doctor visit. And I'm also curious how long ago was the D&C?
post #5 of 18
Yes I experienced that. I was very heavy my first 3 days it was awful. I had lots of blod clots and I was a mess. Have you had your doctor check you for endometriosis(sp). That is a big possiblity and now a days can be corrected with laser surgery if I am not mistaken.
post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 
I had the D&C may 10 of 2005 I believe, it actually happend 6 days after my 19th borthday. The box of tampons are usually 18 to 30 in a pack. and some of you have mentioned Endometriosis, what is that exactly?
post #7 of 18
I also had heavy bleeding due to a non-cancerous polyp. As gailuvscats suggested, it would be a good idea to find a low-cost clinic to check it out, if only for your peace of mind.
post #8 of 18
Endometriosis is when the blood-rich lining of the uterus grows on the outside of the uterus, it can even grow on other organs!

I don't know much about it other than that it can cause severe cramping and abnormal menstrual bleeding. One sign is cramping at times other than your period. Do you get cramping at other times too? This could be a sign of other disorders, too... I'm no doctor, but I suggest talking to a gyno to get everything figured out.

I'm sorry about your miscarriage... I had one about three years ago. I couldn't afford a D&C, so I just let everything happen naturally... it took over a month. It was awful. Anyway, good luck getting to the root of the issue!
post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godiva View Post
Endometriosis is when the blood-rich lining of the uterus grows on the outside of the uterus, it can even grow on other organs!

I don't know much about it other than that it can cause severe cramping and abnormal menstrual bleeding. One sign is cramping at times other than your period. Do you get cramping at other times too? This could be a sign of other disorders, too... I'm no doctor, but I suggest talking to a gyno to get everything figured out.

I'm sorry about your miscarriage... I had one about three years ago. I couldn't afford a D&C, so I just let everything happen naturally... it took over a month. It was awful. Anyway, good luck getting to the root of the issue!
I notice this month and last month I cramped about a week before I got my period, I thought it was a little odd, another thing about this endometriosis, if i do have it and i get treated for it, will my chances of getting pregnant become greater or still be hard? I read that infertility is apart of it and my honey and I are trying to have a baby, i guess thats gonna have to wait now. I'm also sorry about ur miscarriage, the doctor wanted me to wait to see if it did happen naturally and he said if it didnt in 10 days then he wanted me to have a D&C.....
post #10 of 18
I highly advise going to a dr and finding out what is going on
post #11 of 18
Endo will also cause you some pain during sex. Sometime suppression with birth control will help to tamp it down. A laporoscopy with a laser will get rid of it for a bit. The "only" cure for endo is to get pregnant. But, getting pregnant while you have endo is difficult. If/when you have a lap, you have a "window" in which getting pregnant will be easier. Also, it comes back after pregnancy. That's all I can remember about endo right now. Just do a search and you'll find all kinds of info about it. But, as you can see from the other women, your issues could be from something else. It'd be a good idea to go to your family doctor or an ob/gyn and at least talk to them.

Good luck and I hope it's nothing serious.
post #12 of 18
Not sure if this helps, but one of my mom's coworkers was having incredibly heavy periods like you're having, and she had to have a D&C to "suck" it out since it was so bad.
post #13 of 18
I concur with the advise given. I'm at the other end of the menstrual cycle (perimenopause) and while my period at times is like yours sometimes its not so bad.
One thing I noticed is if I exercise regularly my periods were always better in terms of cramps and bleeding. Don't know if that will help in you case but you might want to keep that in the back of your mind.
post #14 of 18
Aww sweetie! Many *feel good* vibes for you. I think finding a Dr is really the best thing to do. And please let us know how it goes.
post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 
thanks everyone for the tips and advice. i will be going to planned parenthood soon. very hard to get an appointment there but its all i can afford at the moment. i looked up endo. and read a little about it. im a little worried. but i think i will be just fine. i just hope that my honey and i can still start a family soon. i will keep you guys posted so you allknow how i am doin. thanks all
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyprincess View Post
thanks everyone for the tips and advice. i will be going to planned parenthood soon. very hard to get an appointment there but its all i can afford at the moment. i looked up endo. and read a little about it. im a little worried. but i think i will be just fine. i just hope that my honey and i can still start a family soon. i will keep you guys posted so you allknow how i am doin. thanks all
Thats great that you get to go to the Dr. Sounds like thats what you need
I think everything will go just fine. Keep your head up sweetie.
post #17 of 18
Seeing a doctor is a good idea.

From what you've said, it kind of sounds like endometriosis. If you have any questions about it- feel free to email me. I was diagnosed with it about 6 years ago, but I had it for years, one doctor told me that heavy painful periods after going off the pill are "normal"

Pregnancy does NOT cure it. It makes it a little better, but it comes back- at least for me. Maybe different things happen with different people. Trust me, after I had child #2 my periods were worse than before I had her.

A laproscopy is used to diagnose it. Again, that's not a cure either. Within 6 months of my laproscopy "it" was back, and with a vengance.

And as far as being able to get pregnant, again everyone's different. I had problems getting pregnant, I don't think it was directly from endo (though the dr that did my lap told me I had endo in 1 of my tubes) but from the fact that most of my cycles are anovulatory. I was able to get pregnant 2 times, no drugs needed. How it happened is beyond me, when I saw an RE for the anovulatory thing she said that there was no way I'd be able to have any more kids without help.
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyprincess View Post
I am a little worried because the situation I am about to discribe is something that is happening more and more. First a little background history, I had a miscarriage when I was 19 and I had a D&C since then my period has not been the same. I cramp really bad and usually the first day or two I have a lot of clotting. I know I am sorry this is gross but I would like some advice. I also cant really afford to go to the doctors either. I go through a box of tampons (super) usually within the first 2-3 days because of this. Has any one experienced these problems or does any body know what might be wrong with me? How worried should I be? I have to run out for a little but will be back shortly? Thanks for the help
I've only read your post. Not sure what the other's have said. Only know my own story.
What you describe is what I go thru every month. And have for about 5 or 6 yrs now. I talked to my doctor and there doesn't seem to be anything that can be done. I have some cramping for about a week before my period starts. The day I start the cramps in the first day or two that are close to crippling. I just take two advil and stay away from adding heat to my stomach as I was told that causes heavier bleeding which is what I DON'T want.
I think it would be the same advise as we would give for the pets we have...seek a Dr. they would really be the ones who would know for sure or be in a position to have a better idea with your history and what not. I live in Canada and therefore to go to the Dr. doesn't cost me per visit.
I hope all is well
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › **FEMALES ONLY** (monthly question)