We're building a cat tree/gym! We need ideas and suggestions!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it's finally official! Colin has been soo sweet and said that I could move my girls in with us soon!
I will be moving Isabella, Jasmine, and Velvet in with us as well as my betta mr. magoo. My mom has said that she wants to adopt my kitty Abilene and my bunny Sophie- she loves them to pieces- so my mom will be keeping abilene, sophie, and our 11yr old wolf mix ginger (she's her dog) with her. And Isabella, Jasmine, and Velvet will be moving in with Colin and I. I'm soooo happy!!!! I've been kinda living back and forth between colin's house and mine because there has been soooooo much violence in my neighborhood lately. I live in a very bad part of Memphis and it's just not safe- there's been numerous murders and voilent crimes out there lately....so i've been "living" with Colin since August. I just have my clothes and a few things here and my foster kitten and some dishes. But Colin asked me today to go ahead and move in with him so that i could move all my things in too and get settled. I was really going to wait till marriage, but now we're just feeling this is the right move for us. It's also much safe here
I feel like i'm home here.
So Colin and I will be moving my girls in with us soon. First though- we're going to clear out one of the spare bedrooms to fix it up for them and finish the addition to the attick he's been working on. (shouldn't take too terribly long.) / Colin and I are wanting to build a nice cat gym/tree for the girls so that they have a nice area to play and rest in. We are wanting to have a place on the base of it for their covered litter pan and all to fit in it. We are totally up for suggestions! Feel free to post pictures of your kitty trees and any suggestions or links you like! We're all ears!!!!!!!!
I'm soooooo excited!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikki- I would PM Heather (LuckyGirl) her hubby built an AWESOME cat tree for LuckyGirl & Louie!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

I have been looking at building one too so I have found a few links
http://www.pandecats.com/x/building_a_cat_tree.htm
http://home.graffiti.net/xpreshun:gr...ree_plans.html
http://ironbat.com/catfurni.htm

I have also used this one for ideas
http://www.armarkat.com/index.htm
Great links!!! Thankyou!!! Colin and I are going to look them over and get to planning!

Originally Posted by babyharley

Nikki- I would PM Heather (LuckyGirl) her hubby built an AWESOME cat tree for LuckyGirl & Louie!
Oh i forgot about that! I remember her posting about it- it turned out great! I will definitely pm Heather soon! Thanks Kenzie

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow! I like this one!!!

http://www.catbedandtoy.com/site/879...oduct/SH-CTTCM

I think we might try to copy that (after we look around a bit longer and decide for sure) I don't like the blue carpet so we'd probably stick with a light brown/beige one so it blends into the house better. And use a bit of sisil on it. Also on the very bottom- make the base wider and taller so that we have a little nook to fit their covered cat litter pan in. and have other things on the side. I'm excited! hehe this is fun trying to pick out one and plan to build it
Keep the suggestions and ideas comming!! I also really like some of the ones from the links Sibohan suggested. We might try to come up with something like that also and just make it bigger/taller and altar it a bit!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
those are great looking. hmm makes me wonder.
anyway you could also tape the dog in the middle as part of the climbing tree(kidding)hmm i think we broke there site, all the links are telling me its down.
also as someone else said, talk to Heather

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

those are great looking. hmm makes me wonder.
anyway you could also tape the dog in the middle as part of the climbing tree(kidding)hmm i think we broke there site, all the links are telling me its down.
also as someone else said, talk to Heather
Bruce- i don't think Fosters or the other dogs would appreciate that
/ Humm sorry the links aren't working they're working for me. I might try to repost them if nobody else can see them. / I will definitely talk to Heather next time i see her online!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow- i love the last one! Thanks Bruce!
I'm making a list of links to my favorite ones tonight and tomorrow Colin said he'd look over them with me
We're planning on building one and making enough room at the base for a covered litter pan...then having it easily accessable and easy to get into/climb up on....with wide stairs or perches something of that nature so Jasmine can get on it easily too. (she's a little sugar momma and isn't as nimble as isabella or velvet
)

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Oh wow! I like this one!!!

http://www.catbedandtoy.com/site/879...oduct/SH-CTTCM

I think we might try to copy that (after we look around a bit longer and decide for sure) I don't like the blue carpet so we'd probably stick with a light brown/beige one so it blends into the house better. And use a bit of sisil on it. Also on the very bottom- make the base wider and taller so that we have a little nook to fit their covered cat litter pan in. and have other things on the side. I'm excited! hehe this is fun trying to pick out one and plan to build it
Keep the suggestions and ideas comming!! I also really like some of the ones from the links Sibohan suggested. We might try to come up with something like that also and just make it bigger/taller and altar it a bit!
Nikki that link doesnt work and I want to see it.. can you post another one???

Congratulations on the new move in plans for you, Colin and your girls!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with Brucey - the Katwalks would be awesome to have around the place. They're not too obvious, they can sit up high and watch the world, and get away from the dogs if they need to

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

He's gonna propoooose, he's gonna propoooooose
Goodness, i go to paint my nails for a few minutes and come back to this
(hehe i hope your right!
)

Originally Posted by theimp98

hmm could be but who is going to be the best cat?

hey check this out, this what i was thinking of doing to the wall in the computer room.
http://www.katwallks.com/
I think my foster kitten Kolar would have to fill those shoes since he's the only boy kitty
/ That's neat Bruce!!!! Let me know if your kitties like that!

Originally Posted by Pami

Nikki that link doesnt work and I want to see it.. can you post another one???

Congratulations on the new move in plans for you, Colin and your girls!
No problem! Here you go!
http://www.catbedandtoy.com/site/879...oduct/SH-CTTCM (scroll down 1/2 way and there's a small picture of a design i liked.) I'm sooo excited Colin is letting me move my girls in! I've been soo happy all day!

Originally Posted by sarahp

I agree with Brucey - the Katwalks would be awesome to have around the place. They're not too obvious, they can sit up high and watch the world, and get away from the dogs if they need to
Those katwalks look wonderful! But for right now since we're thinking about selling this house and getting a bigger one, we're not wanting to put any more holes in the wall so kitty gym it is! But if we do move, we are planning on having enough room to have a small room for my animals and fosters- so we will definitely have to have a cat walk!!!!
(colin has two homes- one in Va. Beach where he was stationed a few yrs. back in the navy that he rents out and one here. He's selling the one in Va. Beach and then once it's sold we will eithor completly pay this one off and put all the extra towards a new truck and savings or sell both homes and get a bigger one to settle down in. Thing is- i'm completly fine with this one now! I've lived in a teensy 2 bedroom duplex for years- so space doesn't really bother me- but i know he's wanting a bigger home for when (if we're able to) we have a family
) So we will definitely have to have a catwalk if we move!!