with a heavy heart I post this and ask for prayers

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, I need some prayers for my 16 year old Daughter.

I took her to the ER last night for some x-rays and was told she had a bone spur.They set up an appt. with the Ortho Surgeon today.After 5 x-rays, it appears that Amber has a mass on the inside of her left knee.Based on apperance and location as well as her age, the likelyhood of this being Malignant is VERY high.
He gave me this big long name with Sarcoma (sp) at the end.I can't remember the name.All I heard was malignant.
They are setting up a MRI for her ASAP to see what it shows.We'll go from there as to what to do based on the results.
Guys, I really need some prayers/vibes, whatever you can throw her way.
I lost my Dad to Cancer and to hear that my child MAY have it, is devistating to me.
I don't know that it IS Cancer and I don't know that it ISN'T, only the MRI will let us know.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Tammy I will most definitely keep your baby girl, you and your family in my prayers! Let me know if there is anything I can do.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sending prayers and hugs from Mississippi for you and your daughter and the rest of your family Tammy.

Please let us know something when you hear something.

Remember we are all here for you.

trudge1978

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
the prayer wheel is turning here and will continue to turn for as long as it is need
trudge1978

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no Tammy. I am so sorry..I am sending many prayers and vibes that it is NOT cancerous. How awful for your daughter. I am here if you need to talk

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tammy sweetie- if it is Osteosarcoma (the number one juvenile cancer- it often affects legs) it is VERY VERY VERY treatable sweetheart. I know this is scarry right now- but please try to stay calm. Talk to her doctors- see what her treatment options are. She is 16 there are NUMEROUS wonderful hospitals that work specifically with childhood cancers like this that have an excellent success rate. I'm not sure where they are in your area....but i will offer this. St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital here in Memphis is wonderful. I go there every so often and read stories to the children there. They will not turn you away for an inbility to pay. If there are not hospitals/treatment centers in your area sweetheart (i'm not sure what's near you.) you and your loved ones are welcome to stay here with us should you need to let her be checked out at St.Jude. I am keeping you and your daughter in my prayers. Please know that you can call me any time you need to talk sweetie
I am here for you. I will keep you and her in my prayers through this tough time right now. Please know that our door is always open.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hugs and vibes and healing licks and sooothing kittykisses from KittenKiya's Clan.

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You and your daughter will be in my prayers as well. With any luck, even if it is cancerous, its caught early enough that everything will be okay.
I know this is a tough time, but we're here for you.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh, Tammy, I'm so sorry to hear this, but keep your chin up, like you said it might not be cancer at all. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lots of mega vibes to your DD and calming vibes to you

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh Tammy Prayers and Vibes coming your way, that must be tough for sure.. THey have wonderful treatments for so many things now don't get yourself all upset untill you know what you are dealing with. I hate it when they tell people Cancer without all the tests. They told My sister that last year that she had Colon cancer from doing a felxi-sig I blew up and told her they have no business saying that, when they did the Colonoscopsy it was a polyp a simple polyp that they removed. Please stay positive untill they do all there tests

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My thoughts and prayers are with your daughter, you and your family, Tammy.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tammy, don't fret yet...try your very best to not be afraid, and stay strong for her, and yourself. If it is a form of cancer, you both can definitely get through this, and we're all praying for you. If it is osteosarcoma, like someone else mentioned, it is very treatable, and chances are, it's too early to have spread anywhere at this point.

Chin up, honey. I know you're afraid, and I understand...that's your little girl! I truly feel in my heart that she'll be okay, no matter what the diagnosis. My thoughts and prayers are with you...give her a hug from all of us, and take care of YOU too!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this Tammy! Just keep in mind that in this day and age, many cancers are treatable! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family - try to keep a positive outlook, at least around your daughter! The mental outlook can really help the outcome significantly!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry, Tammy.
I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

koukou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You daughter and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Thinking of you.

K xxxx