need help witha letter-cat related

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok I am not good with this but I have heart in right place-I know I can't take any more cats in-finacialy yes but physically I can't as I need to help my two new ones adjust(lack of socialization) but heres my thing I want to help this guy get his two females fixed before they breed again... money is his issue. I want to email him and offer to pay for the spay and offer to take them to be done(I will have to take my male in anyway and you can bring 3 at a time) Even if he agres and then backs out I can make them outsdie cats(not the best solution but the option of them staying where they are is not better) I don't want to offend him but want to do this in a caring way. I just don't know how to word it and would be very grateful for any help..I was gouing to say something like I am taking my boy to be nuetered ina few weeks and I would be happy to take along your girls ...but how do I say I will pay for it.

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmmm... that is a difficult one.

You could maybe say something along the lines of:

I am taking my cat in to get neutered and was wondering if you would like me to take your girls in to get spayed. If we get them all done at the same time it will be cheaper and I don't mind paying the little extra to get your girls spayed.

Something along those lines might be good. Try not to say "I know money's a little tight for you right now" because that would most likely make the person upset. But just casually say it as if it's just off the top of your head.

I hope I was at least a little help. I will keep this on my mind and if something good comes I will let ya know!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kiki_585

Hmmm... that is a difficult one.

You could maybe say something along the lines of:

I am taking my cat in to get neutered and was wondering if you would like me to take your girls in to get spayed. If we get them all done at the same time it will be cheaper and I don't mind paying the little extra to get your girls spayed.

Something along those lines might be good. Try not to say "I know money's a little tight for you right now" because that would most likely make the person upset. But just casually say it as if it's just off the top of your head.

I hope I was at least a little help. I will keep this on my mind and if something good comes I will let ya know!
I think that sounds like a great idea, and then if he says something about not being able to pay for it, remind him again that it won't cost that much, and he can always pay you back whenever he can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If we get them all done at the same time it will be cheaper and I don't mind paying the little extra to get your girls spayed.
I like that...It is actually the guy I got Ducky and the two new ones-max and maggie from. He knows I love animal. And I think he would keep his cats if he didn't have to place thier kittens every few months. I know him from freecycle lol
only cause of the cats-met twice. From what I get he works during the drop off hours any way. going to get my girl done-make sure shes not pregnant(if shes to far in and I have to have kits i would want alot of money saved in case of a c sec or somethign medically is needed.) So i am looking at writting him friday or so...I am thrilled to be able to attempt this. still open to others suggestions and thanks kiki(i have a cat katie i have always called kiki
and lsu. I knew I'd get help from here

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ryanjay

If we get them all done at the same time it will be cheaper and I don't mind paying the little extra to get your girls spayed.
I like that...It is actually the guy I got Ducky and the two new ones-max and maggie from. He knows I love animal. And I think he would keep his cats if he didn't have to place thier kittens every few months. I know him from freecycle lol
only cause of the cats-met twice. From what I get he works during the drop off hours any way. going to get my girl done-make sure shes not pregnant(if shes to far in and I have to have kits i would want alot of money saved in case of a c sec or somethign medically is needed.) So i am looking at writting him friday or so...I am thrilled to be able to attempt this. still open to others suggestions and thanks kiki(i have a cat katie i have always called kiki
and lsu. I knew I'd get help from here
Just wanted to pop in and say that it's a very caring thing that you're trying to do...

Also mention to this person that it's kind of your way of saying "thanks" for Ducky Max, and Maggie as they've been such great companions to you.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

Also mention to this person that it's kind of your way of saying "thanks" for Ducky Max, and Maggie as they've been such great companions to you.
Holly, I like that idea too.

Good luck with it...
Hilda >^..^<

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Isn't the SPCA nickel neuter this month? I know it applies only to males but he probably doesn't know that.
-----------
I Just looked and it's Feb 22nd in Dallas/Ft Worth area. But worth checking out in your area. Either way, it's a good white lie for the dude.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ryanjay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol fred
growing up that was my show i woudl always catch when I stayed home sick. brings me right back. I like the idea of a thanks for my babies idea. More I think about it if it comes down to him saying no I will just ask to adopt them and make them outside cats(like I said its not my first choice at all and I can;t have any more at the moment have 25 cats(shakes head yeah..I KNOW..) I want to work with these two new ones as I think they have great possibilities if they get the one on one attention they need so bad. I really want to have him keep a few as I think if he placed his cats and then found another hes going to go back into the same situation(is it possible to be a hoarder of 6? I guess its the start-none fixed..hes trying to place kits as they come but its a sutrated market. Seeing what I have in the past I do give this guy SO MUCH credit I have seen many litters dumped, hes doing what he can but we all know its got to be solved at the source-the mom cat. ok sorry to ramble but thank you so much..I will definatley keep you all posted I wish there was a neuter van in the area-alot of ppl don't drive or only have one car split between the family...and the price

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Terrific what you're trying to do for these cats!!!

Since you're willing to pay for the spays anyway, why not just tell the guy you got a GREAT deal - *free* spay/neuters, through a contact you have with an animal organization. I'm in NJ too, and in my county there are actually groups who do free S/N. I'm afraid that if this guy thinks there's *any* money involved, even if you say you're willing to pick up the cost, it may give him an excuse not to do it. He may feel uncomfortable about you "paying a little extra for the girls" and he may not want or be able to pay even a discounted price. A freebie, however, is hard to turn down. I don't usually advocate lying, but a white lie in this case is not a bad thing since it's for a great cause.

Best of luck with this - it's so good-hearted and generous of you!