need a new kitten wet

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi
I'll make this as short as possible. Dynah is 4 months old. I've had her since she was 1 week old, and hand raised her and her siblings when they were orphaned. She went from being on a presidents choice wet (and purina one dry) to the big jump of Natural balance dry and authority wet (for kitten) as I'm on a budget. She's decided that she doesn't particularly like either of the flavours of authority and would like to try something new and tastier.
A) could I move her to adult food, which will give her more choices in flavours
or
B) What other brand might you suggest for kitten flavour options while still being ok nutritionally? (she's only ever had pate and that's what we've had best luck with).
Thanks guys
Jess

nedra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both of my cats when they were that age loved Maxximum Kitten dry food from walmart...They really did well on it and had super healthy coats.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try the Nutro kitten food...a lot of baby kitties love this stuff. It's a bit pricier, but if she'll eat it, then it's worth it.

She should still be on kitten food, at 4 months. I wouldn't switch her to adult yet, as she needs the extra protein and fat in the kitten food.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nutro max and natural choice have several kitten flavors....

Felidea comes in BIG 13 ounce cans and has a few flavors(it is an all stage like NB )

Merrick is a bit $$ in some areas others it is in line with the other s listed but the texture is different

Innova

EVO

Eagle pack ( my I dont like wet loves the tuna )

Solid gold

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll second that about the Nutro. The Nutro Max kitten in cans is a favorite here. My cat that doesn't care for wet thinks it's candy
. It's the pate type.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Nutro max and natural choice have several kitten flavors....

Felidea comes in BIG 13 ounce cans and has a few flavors(it is an all stage like NB )

Merrick is a bit $$ in some areas others it is in line with the other s listed but the texture is different

Innova

EVO

Eagle pack ( my I dont like wet loves the tuna )

Solid gold
Good list. I'll add Chicken Soup for the Kitten Lover's Soul (or Cat Lover's Soul), Wellness, California Natural, Nature's Variety Prairie, and Pinnacle.

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Innova evo can be spendy,true but I get a 13oz can for $1.45 at dog days. It might be even better priced online, www.Innova.com. Its wonderful I love Bindis coat its like velvet and his weight is nice for his size, his teeth are clean and he's very active when he wants to be. For the quality of food spending that much doesnt seem to be overly doing it.( in my opinion) Buying a 13oz can for 2.15 of natural pet at Mississippi market is differant. The food is lower quality and at almost double the price.http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/ima.../angryfire.gif

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, she's completely rejected the max cat I got, so I'm going back to the store tomorrow to see about something like wellness...merrik is way too rich for her and she gets the runs and a lot of the other ones mentioned just aren't available here.
I'll go back and see what they've got. In the meantime, she's at least eating some of the old stuff, most of the time.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
look for blue spa if your at a petsmart it is $$ as it only comes in little cans but many be close to wellness

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I got some Eagle Pack Holistic (because it says cat AND kitten right on the can, although the store guy and myself can't see any difference between it and the regular). It's shrimp and something flavoured, so given that she really likes chesters catfish I thought maybe. No go this afternoon, I'll give it another try tonight. At least with this one chester can finish the can if she hates it, unlike the Max Cat which went into the trash.
Anyone know the ash content in wellness? it doesn't have it on the can, and the guy at the store says that sometimes its left off when it's too high.

Also, for those Canadians, Pet value's name brand is changing over to a non-byproduct formula. It's going to be around a dollar a can, but I've looked at the stuff...looks like it might be ok.