There were strangers in my apartment...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My landlord is trying to sell this house, and she told me last night that someone was coming by to see it today at around 3:30...

I get home at 5:30 and they are just leaving...How awkward...AND they left their shoes on, and they is snowy mud water all over my floors
:censor::censor::censor: is wrong with people?? Common courtesy is not to track snowy mud all over someones home.

Poor Trout was hiding when I got in..

how annoying.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Trout, if I woulda came home to something like that, I believe I woulda handed someone the mop.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cannot believe they left their shoes on!! What is wrong with people?!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats SO rude!! If you know people are coming to see the house while your gone again, I'd put up a sign on your door saying to take their shoes off!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would make me nervous...I don't like the idea of people in my home who I don't know while I'm not there, especially if my pets are there...and please, take the freakin' shoes off, people!!!!

How rude!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

That's rude! Why are they selling the house? Are you still going to have a place to stay?
If they do sell it, the new owner can decide whether they want me here or not

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

If they do sell it, the new owner can decide whether they want me here or not
I hope they decide to let you stay.

Want me to put a "gris gris" on someone for you?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Natalie you need to call your landlord and politely get that situation taken care of. If shes selling the place then Im sure more people will be coming through and she needs to know you care what they do when they come to loook, if she doesnt. Make her aware!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Natalie you need to call your landlord and politely get that situation taken care of. If shes selling the place then Im sure more people will be coming through and she needs to know you care what they do when they come to loook, if she doesnt. Make her aware!
I just didn't think I would have to tell an adult to remind other adults to take their damn shoes off in someones home. Yes, I get it that its a measly basement apartment, but it is MY HOME

btw, I thought it was funny..I had cleaned up a bit this morning because I knew they were coming...but when I got here Trout had scattered her toys all across the apartment
I guess she doesn't want the house to sell

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate it when people leave their shoes on!! it's so rude!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I just didn't think I would have to tell an adult to remind other adults to take their damn shoes off in someones home. Yes, I get it that its a measly basement apartment, but it is MY HOME

btw, I thought it was funny..I had cleaned up a bit this morning because I knew they were coming...but when I got here Trout had scattered her toys all across the apartment
I guess she doesn't want the house to sell
Good for Trout

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might want to check on the laws governing how much notice the ladloard has to give their renters before having someone come through. I think in WI its a 24 hour notice. I would be PO'd too-what if Trout got out??? I would "advise" your landlord? Are you on a lease??

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

You might want to check on the laws governing how much notice the ladloard has to give their renters before having someone come through. I think in WI its a 24 hour notice. I would be PO'd too-what if Trout got out??? I would "advise" your landlord? Are you on a lease??
It is 24 hours, but I am nice and let her do whatever she wants. It doesn't bother me if they come in here, I just don't want their damn shoe water on my floor.

My lease is up in July..I think if she sells she has to give me 2 months notice if they need me to move out. I was going to move out anyway when my lease is up.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well hopefully the next prospective buyers will be a little more thoughtfull!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Well hopefully the next prospective buyers will be a little more thoughtfull!!
Me too..I mean, who doesn't take their shoes off? I can't imagine someone that wouldn't..especially in this weather.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Me too..I mean, who doesn't take their shoes off? I can't imagine someone that wouldn't..especially in this weather.
Maybe you can lay a plastic pathway down for them ......... if they take their shoes off then they will be walking around with foot funk ........

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My landlord is trying to sell this house, and she told me last night that someone was coming by to see it today at around 3:30...

I get home at 5:30 and they are just leaving...How awkward...AND they :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: left their shoes on, and they is snowy mud water all over my floors
:censor::censor::censor: is wrong with people?? Common courtesy is not to track snowy mud all over someones home.

Poor Trout was hiding when I got in..

:censor::censor::censor::censor:, how annoying.
I just went though that,my landlady put the house up for sale in December! It sold the 25 of Jan.I moved back to the close to the old town I lived in before. But in a lot of ways it is better,I am saving $75.00 a month on rent,it is bigger 4 bedrooms instead of 3 and we have no heating bills,we heat with wood now and there all ready 2 years worth cut and stacked ! It was a great move! Hope you don't have to move if you do not want to,put up a sign and tell them to take off their shoes.I did. i also told them if they left the cats out,I would hurt someone! They never did.Thank God.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would mention to the landlord that you would appreciate if any further viewers took their shoes off. I can't see him saying no. If he does ask for a rent reduction to pay for cleaning suplies.