Owie owie owie!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got my tetanus booster this morning. I hate needles, but the injection itself was fine.

Now I've got the post-tetanus ache happening in my arm and can't lift it very high. Someone said to try and move as little as possible, whereas someone else said it's better to rub the area vigorously to warm the area and keep it moving.

Any idea what's correct??

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I got that one done last year when i started working in animal aid. all the doc really says is no heavy lifting for a day or so. You can't do anything about that horrible ache. Just be patient and try not to walk into any doorways! And you can get out of housework

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

I got that one done last year when i started working in animal aid. all the doc really says is no heavy lifting for a day or so. You can't do anything about that horrible ache. Just be patient and try not to walk into any doorways! And you can get out of housework
Man I so shouldn't have done the vacuuming last night...

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouchie! Bummer! I really need to get a tetanus shot because it's been over 10 years since I've had one. I'll send you some feel better soon vibes cause I'm not sure what to tell you about the ache.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you use that arm a lot it can bruise. Oddly enough a couple years ago when I had to get a tetanus booster it didn't hurt at the time or after, it must really depend on who gives the shot too. I've had a few people try to take blood that probably couldn't hit the broad side of a barn

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I absolutely love needles, it was so exciting getting my blood taking out!

This is like.. the only reason why i would want to be a nurse! To give needles! :evil:

Anyhoo i hope your arm gets better soon! tetanus is by far the worst shot!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah some people are waaay better at giving injections. Although I think with the tetanus shot, it always aches a bit.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I absolutely love needles, it was so exciting getting my blood taking out!

This is like.. the only reason why i would want to be a nurse! To give needles! :evil:

Anyhoo i hope your arm gets better soon! tetanus is by far the worst shot!
Ohhhh my!!!! You need the FREAK avatar as well!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's a sticky at the top of the Cat Lounge - they've turned it off while they do some upgrades.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh, my last tetanus ACHED horribly, and it did so for like two months!!!! I wasn't quite sure what to make of that, but it HURT! I will try to avoid getting that injection any time soon...

Hope your arm feels better soon...I remember what that was like!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Needles do not bother me at all, I donate blood all the time, or at least I try to. Sometimes my iron is low, and others I don't weigh enough.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember my last one aching a bit, but what I remember most is Nate's last tetanus booster - he moaned and groaned and whined and whimpered about the pain for at least a week