Would you all think I was weird....

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if I wore guys jeans? Lee was playing around one day and wanted me to try on a pair of jeans that was too small for him. So I put them on and they fit really well, except they were too long. But they made my butt look really cute becuase of the pocket placement. I was seriously thinking about getting a pair or two. So what do you all think?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go for it... if you can get the tailored and they look cute on you I don't see the issue.

The last pair of jeans I bought was unisex, and they look wonderful on me.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that is SOOOOO weird!!

ONLY joking!!! I used to wear my brothers jeans when he and I still lived at home. I loved them actually, I always thought they were quite comfy.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I started wearing jeans, there weren't jeans for guys and jeans for girls. That sprang up a few years later. Who cares what gender they're supposed to be for? If they look good, they look good!

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its just really hard to find jeans that fit right. And no one would haveto know they were guys jeans right? That is the cutest I have seen my rear look in jeans in a while!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Its just really hard to find jeans that fit right. And no one would haveto know they were guys jeans right? That is the cutest I have seen my rear look in jeans in a while!
Thats correct!! Noone has to know...........and as long as they make you feel/look good, thats all that matters sweetie.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Weird only if you wear his fruit of the looms too!
I have worn his boxers before.... to work. They are comfy!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear nothing but men's Levis.
The cuts are completely different and alot of jeans companys seem to think that women are cut from cookie cutters of various sizes.
Women's jeans just don't fit or feel right and it's getting harder and harder to find women's jeans that are NOT low rise.

Low rise are great on misses and juniors with the right body type, but they are simply obscene on a woman of my size and age.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

I already had my answer: I already DO think you are weird!!!
Just kidding!!!!

Nah, whatever fits.
Thanks.
So much for the gift i was going to give you once the shop was back!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YOu just reminded me i bought a cute pair of jeans a couple of years ago and they were mens, but i only wore them once because they were too long..

I should look for them!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After quitting smoking 3 years ago, I gained weight for a few reasons (not all from quitting smoking.)

I used to wear a size 6 womens. Then I was in an 8, then a 10, and as I grew into size 12, I found that I had a VERY hard time finding womens jeans that actually FIT me.

That's when I started buying men's jeans, relaxed fit, of course (to fit the junk in my trunk along with my bigger thighs.) Now that's all I'll buy, because they fit right every single time, no more badly fitting pants for me!

I love that I can buy them by waist size and by inseam size - why can't womens pants be sold the same way?!?

We are NOT one size fits all shapes!!!

So if it is weird to wear mens jeans, then I'm a complete nutcase!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew! I feel better! I have short legs and the regulars are too long but the short size are too short!
Plus every girl wants to have a cute butt!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Women's jeans just don't fit or feel right and it's getting harder and harder to find women's jeans that are NOT low rise.

Low rise are great on misses and juniors with the right body type, but they are simply obscene on a woman of my size and age.
YES!!! What the heck is UP WITH THIS!!!

The last thing on earth I want is my "muffin top" hanging over the top of my pants - eeeeuuuuwwww!!!!!

Oh - and clothing makers need to remember, we WOMEN are CURVED. We have hips and hourglass shapes, we aren't all skinny Minnies!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would bother me to have a little extra slack in the crotch like that...but hey, if they fit you well and make you look good- why not!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No way, I use to wear guys jeans just because they made my butt look smaller!!!

Then I discovered the boyfriend jeans from a long time ago and switched back to girls.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

When I started wearing jeans, there weren't jeans for guys and jeans for girls. That sprang up a few years later. Who cares what gender they're supposed to be for? If they look good, they look good!

Laurie
The truth. I'm in the market for new jeans, too, and by golly, I think I'm headed for the guys -- I haven't had a pair of jeans I really liked the fit of for eons -- maybe this time...

van gogh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think it would be fine! If they don't fit get em altered, we all know my legs are way short and all my pants have to be tailored! If not, roll em up, it's not like he wears ankle huggers. I think it would be fine, as long as you like it who cares what everyone else thinks!