Its Cold

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to say that in the last couple of days we've been suffering in Manitoba Canada with -44 to -38............

It is truely a frozen wasteland out here. and no end in sight either.

Sorry everyone jsut needed to complain, whine, cry, and vent!!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is -44 celsius in farenheight?

I'm assuming that if you are in Canada that you are giving the degrees in celsius, right?

We are at 20 degrees F today with windchills of about 2 degrees.

I wish I was in Las Vegas right about now...

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yesterday it was -30 with a windchill of -44 or so .... But it's warmed up a little to -11. Go Winter

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
-44C is equal to about -47.2F

i feel cold just thinking about it. It's a balmy -21 here today with the wind chill (or -6F)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah its very cold. I have to say I love the wood heat!!! I would rather have it hot and sunny. We still go to work (unfortunately
) Our kids take the school bus - if the temp goes -32 or colder school is cancelled. Don't want them travelling out in the country roads in case the bus breaks down that would leave them frozen solid. Otherwise you try to stay in as much as you can. This is the weather when things break for no reason. Or water pipes freeze - which is what happened to my mother-in-law - No water since Sat AM. Its a good thing she is on our property and we send the kids over with water for her.
Curse my being born here
I vowed that when I'm ready to retire I want to have property somewhere were it is warm to go during the winter months.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We whine about the cold here, but you folks in the prairies really get cold. Just keep stoking that wood fire and keep warm.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we have seen the worst of the really cold weather. 6F felt rather warm today!!! Our cats just love the wood stove-its on a brick platform which warms up too and they lay against it or on the fire rug about 2 ft away!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel you pain too. I don't mind the cold it's the wind chill that kills me. It has been -41 here every night with the wind. I don't open my mouth while outside and i'm constantly blinking to keep my eyes from freezing.

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I think we have seen the worst of the really cold weather. 6F felt rather warm today!!! Our cats just love the wood stove-its on a brick platform which warms up too and they lay against it or on the fire rug about 2 ft away!
Our cats sprawl on the floor around the tiles where the woodstove is. You can tell when its really hot as they are further away and as it cools off they move closer...
....its -45 this morning and the afternoon its suppose to go to a balmy -34
with no end in sight.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Brrr. I have to be out all day in these temps.
It's only -12 this morning though, so I can't complain.

I love the mental image of all your cats sprawled out by the fire.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the weatherman has been telling us that you Canadians are sending us all your cold weather...thanks! Ha!
Maybe it will warm up for you now that we are getting our (much overdue) cold weather....brrrrrrrrrrr......

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

Well, the weatherman has been telling us that you Canadians are sending us all your cold weather...thanks! Ha!
Maybe it will warm up for you now that we are getting our (much overdue) cold weather....brrrrrrrrrrr......
Well I'm ALL for sharing....apparently it's the Arctic sharing with us....
I've had enough of it and want to send it on its way....

Down with Winter.....Down with Winter....apparently we have this for the next 3 months ugghggghhhhhhhh
Where can I find Mother nature....

NEED WARMING VIBES PLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE