Swheat Scoop Cat Litter?

zhazha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
...is this any good?

We are currently using Cat's Pride, but it seems very dusty and I have noticed that ZhaZha seems to have started sneezing lately. My husband can 't handle it either --- anytime he cleans her litter box he almost has an asthma attack because of the dust.

Looking for a better option...

ZhaZha seems to prefer the small stuff, not the large crystal like stuff.

Thanks!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Swheet scoop
World s best
Pa purr
wood type ( the names eulude me)

I use chn feed mixed with swheet ... wow the two together work great... chn feed is like worlds best ...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found Swheat Scoop to be dusty as well. I prefer World's Best Cat Litter and it seems to last longer too.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Swheet scoop

I use chn feed mixed with swheet ... wow the two together work great... chn feed is like worlds best ...
I might try that. right now just Fang uses swheat cause he doesn't like cn fd.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Damita's seems to be allergic to litters like Tidy Cats, so I mix Swheat Scoop with Arm & Hammer's High Performance. The Swheat isn't dusty much(IMO), & the High Performance helps cover litter odors. I think the Swheat didn't do very well on it's own for covering odors...& High Performance is very expensive for me to get locally...

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use the Swheat Scoop too and I find it very dusty compared to the corn or pine based litters. I like it 'cos it forms a nice hard, easy to clean lump of pee. But I mix it with other litters because of its dustiness.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zhazha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am trying to get away from the dust issue.

I have used WBC and it did an awful job on covering odor --- and she didn't seem to really care for it.

Has anyone used Nature's Miracle?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The best IMO for covering smells are the pine based litters.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweat Scoop is dusty, but not as bad as the clay litter.

I'm thinking of trying worlds best litter, but the bag seems awfully small. Seems like it would cost a fortune to fill 3 big litter pans.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Damita's seems to be allergic to litters like Tidy Cats, so I mix Swheat Scoop with Arm & Hammer's High Performance. The Swheat isn't dusty much(IMO), & the High Performance helps cover litter odors. I think the Swheat didn't do very well on it's own for covering odors...& High Performance is very expensive for me to get locally...
Natalie
You have a feed store right>??? Try chn feed

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I'm feeling a bit stupid here! What is chn fd? Or chn feed? I recently bought some Swheat Scoop to try in one of the litter boxes and as of yet, not one of the cats has even tried it! Maybe I should mix it with their regular litter a bit.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mzjazz2u

Ok I'm feeling a bit stupid here! What is chn fd? Or chn feed? I recently bought some Swheat Scoop to try in one of the litter boxes and as of yet, not one of the cats has even tried it! Maybe I should mix it with their regular litter a bit.
Chicken feed! Jamie didn't like the Swheat Scoop much when I tried it, and it made him sneeze, so I'm back to clay litter.

calico76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I switched from Fresh Step to Swheat Scoop and my girls and I just love it! I don't find it dusty at all and there is little to no odor coming from the box. The pee clumps do tend to stick to the bottom, but I think it is so much healthier than the clay stuff.

The only issue I see with it is the tracking. The stuff gets everywhere, but it's just some extra vacuuming for us. No big deal there. I'll never use anything else!

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I tried Swheet Scoop a while back. One day during the summer, when it was very humid, I found mold growing on the litter. It kinda turned me off. I switched back to the clay stuff, but we don't have asthma issues so it's okay for us. Best of luck finding a good litter that works for you.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Tidy Cat Crystals cat litter and there is virtually no dust at all.
This stuff is #1 for absorbing odor as well. My litterbox is actually in my kitchen because its the only place I have room and I never smell it.

foxfire

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like Swheat Scoop myself. There is some dust, but neither I nor my cat have problems with it. But some individuals could; you may just have to try it and see.

ptnfl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
May I ask what the chh is that everyone is talking about. I've used Sweat Scoop for almost a year now because I found it to be a wonderful alternative to clay. Also, it's supposed to be healthier for the cats. I have 4 of them and the littter boxes are kept in the extra bathroom which makes it SOOOO easy to clean. Just scoop it out and into the toilet (it is flushable for septics) and since I clean the boxes 3 to 4 (or more) times a day, it makes it easy. I don't know about the dust though. It seems easier for me to breath and doesn't smell like the clay stuff, but if there is something better out there I'd love to be educated.

Thanks,
Donna

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Natalie
You have a feed store right>??? Try chn feed
I spent a good month or two sneezing with runny eyes until I realized it was the chicken feed I'd been using as litter!
I threw it all outside for those kitties where I wouldn't have to scoop it...