The Police Reunion Tour???

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I heard they were gettin' together for the Grammies or AMAs...or something like that? Very cool indeed!

Hilda >^..^<

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate to say it - but I always hated the Police! I was a teen in the 70s/early 80s, and I just never liked them. My all time favorite band was Deep Purple (the Mark II line up). As an adult, I appreciate them even more now that I've seen them play. They didn't exist in that line up by the time I was old enough to go to concerts - but now I get to see them on DVD.

I sure hope you're able to get tix to see the show!

Laurie

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of older bands are getting back together lately. Interestingly enough those bands are usually the ones with the largest crowd turnouts overall, but that's not too much of a surprise

Another Deep Purple fan here too
They still tour, infact they haven't really stopped for quite a while now. Mark II is great, but I'm also very fond of III, or just anything with Glenn Hughes in general.

I'm really hoping I have a chance to see the Heaven and Hell reunion lineup this fall.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003527290

They just announced on the news that they will reportedly be playing at Fenway Park in July. What are my chances the tickets will be affordable and available????
So the reunion tour is fact? I'm keeping my fingers crossed they'll come somewhere near here-I'm almost willing to sleep out for tickets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It is being reported on the TV and radio here as fact, but I can find nothing online so far to substantiate it.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's true....They have been here in Vancouver, Canada for a few weeks rehearsing and recording a new album I think...They have been seen quite a bit around town (but not by me!)

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

It's true....They have been here in Vancouver, Canada for a few weeks rehearsing and recording a new album I think...They have been seen quite a bit around town (but not by me!)
Oooh, I'm moving to Vancouver. Sting

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Yep, I heard they were gettin' together for the Grammies or AMAs...or something like that? Very cool indeed!

Hilda >^..^<
I looked at this real quick and at first glance I thought it said "Grannies". And I was thinking "Those of us who remember The Police are old enough to be Grannies.

Maybe I should look for my glasses....

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool! The article also states that David Lee Roth is back with VanHalen as well? We'll see how long this lasts this time around.

And yeah...many of us are grannies

Hilda >^..^<

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yup, The Police tour is official. I heard on Fox News at lunch that they had heard that the seats for the tour would be upwards of $250.
(But I assume that would be the front row, center tickets, no clue how much balcony seats would be.)

Yeah, the VH rumors have been flying for YEARS, but it looks like it's a reality now. However, it is not the actual original line up. Michael Anthony is out as Bassist, and Eddie's (& Valerie's) son Wolfgang is in. I'm thinking of making a pool to see how long this lasts!
That was a bitter break up!

And one more 80s band of note that is reuniting and touring is Genesis. Phil Collen apparently said that it's not about the money. They're all loaded. So it really is just about playing the music again.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's the way it should be...about the music....and since they're loaded, why else play then? Should be great!

Yep, I've caught a glimpse or two of Wolfgang onstage with Eddie before...soooooo cute to see them together. Let's hope the son can handle being in the limelight better than the dad did.

Hilda >^..^<