What are you giving/getting for Valentines?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Well i didn't see a thread for this (unless my eyes are not working) but what are you guys planning to give to your loved ones for Valentines, or do you know what they are giving you?

I found one of those romantic novelty voucher books. It has about 30 ripout vouchers for romantic dinners, masssages, doing certain things in a place of their choice etc. And they are valid for a lifetime. If you get handed one you can't say no lol

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought Dorian some cat treats. He's my valentine!
Of course, all the girls will get cat treats from me, too.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'll get DH candy and maybe a little something else too. Not sure yet. I asked for Chocolate covered cherries (the juice kind, not the cream!) and thoes ferrere roche candy things too!

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Normally choccy for DH - we are trying to not spend too much this year, so rather than filling the pockets of the greeting card people, we are having a competion to see who can find the cheapest, grottiest, cheesiest Valentines card!!!!

Actually, it is a bit of a sore point this year - he is working nights, so will be sleeping most of the day............and I shall be 50 miles away on a management training course!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Well i didn't see a thread for this (unless my eyes are not working) but what are you guys planning to give to your loved ones for Valentines, or do you know what they are giving you?

I found one of those romantic novelty voucher books. It has about 30 ripout vouchers for romantic dinners, masssages,
doing certain things in a place of their choice
etc. And they are valid for a lifetime. If you get handed one you can't say no lol
Hmm! I wonder what kind of certain things.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4BadCats

rather than filling the pockets of the greeting card people, we are having a competion to see who can find the cheapest, grottiest, cheesiest Valentines card!!!!
The one i got so Tristan has a pomeranian on the front cover with googley eyes and goes something like this "Look into my eyes....now take your clothes off"
not grotty but cheesey and i like it lol

Originally Posted by Persi

Hmm! I wonder what kind of certain things.
Well it IS what you think
i was trying not to be rude

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought DH a card that sings "Wild Thang" and a funny looking kitten on the front. I love it! We normally don't buy gifts just enjoy a dinner out.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I'll be getting myself some marshmellow hearts..I love them
Don't you mean Trout's getting you some marshmallow hearts?

No clue what/if I'm getting.

I bought J a Thor's Hammer pendant.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's just an excuse for greeting card companies to make an awful lot of money. In the original Roman fertility festival around this date (Lupercalia) the women wanting to conceive would whip the priest of the Lupercal with bloody strips of goatskin while he ran down the street naked, this was done as a fertility blessing. Now it's an excuse to spend money in card shops and florists. How times change.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Obviousely you share love everyday with your partner and gifts are given randomly. But i do like just having this extra special day. As i'd spent every valentines alone before i met Tristan it is very important to me. This is only our second one together. I dont spend an arm and a leg but it is nice getting a little card and present and a great excuse for more chocolate

markvg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

... In the original Roman fertility festival around this date (Lupercalia) the women wanting to conceive would whip the priest of the Lupercal with bloody strips of goatskin while he ran down the street naked, this was done as a fertility blessing....

markvg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

It just shows how Hallmark can sanitise anything enough to sell greetings cards
I agree with you there.
That was an interesting story on that!

That gives me some new ideas on what to do for Valentines Day!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by markvg

I agree with you there.
That was an interesting story on that!

That gives me some new ideas on what to do for Valentines Day!
Just whatever you do, don't post photos! That would be too much information

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I completely agree it's another Hallmark kind of day but so what.
Any excuse for candy and/or flowers is okay in my book! (I just can't stand the mushy cards.)