A Ginger-Recommended High Protein Low Fat Treat!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Ginger-kitty is Ms. Finicky herself. She turns her nose up at just about everything, unlike Ferris the feline food disposal system.

Recently I ordered some Bene Bac from Dr. Foster's online to help Ferris with his little runny poop problem, and I saw that they were advertising a treat that is 100% dried chicken filets, 1 pound for $12.99 regular $15.99 (ish.)

I knew that Ferris' problem may be interfering with his ability to absorb nutrients, and high protein low fat food and treats are recommended to help with intestinal absorbtion, so I thought what the heck, and bought a 1 pound container of the chicken filets.

Well, when I got them and opened them up, I almost gagged - there are no preservatives, and they smelled like - get this - long-dead chickens!
The strips look like jerky (I've been calling it kitty jerky, LOL) and can be broken up into smelly little pieces.

Well, Ferris outright turned up his formerly undiscriminating nose at them, which truly surprized me, because he'll eat ANYTHING, even plastic bags. And then to my astonished amazement, Ginger came over, sniffed the pieces, then gobbled them ALL UP!
And then meowed at me for more!

So from now on, I plan to buy these just for her - they are better than any other kind of treat, as far as I am concerned, being 70% protein, no fillers or byproducts, just 100% chicken breasts!

I can't NOT give my two treats, if I know what is good for me, but to be able to give them treats and know for sure that what I am giving them is good for THEM, well, I'm all over that!

I'm going to try some of their fish flakes, and see if Ferris likes those better. They also sell Dingo brand beef "jerky" for the kits - has anyone ever tried that?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I cannot tell you how many times I've looked at those treats!! If Ginger likes them, then everybody here aught to like them! Thanks for the reccomendation, I am in the process of ordering from like 8 different places right now!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
yep, those & the 'kitty kaviar' are the only treats my Pixel will eat, too.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

So from now on, I plan to buy these just for her - they are better than any other kind of treat, as far as I am concerned, being 70% protein, no fillers or byproducts, just 100% chicken breasts!

I can't NOT give my two treats, if I know what is good for me, but to be able to give them treats and know for sure that what I am giving them is good for THEM, well, I'm all over that!

I'm going to try some of their fish flakes, and see if Ferris likes those better. They also sell Dingo brand beef "jerky" for the kits - has anyone ever tried that?
There are many treats that are high protein low fat out there. I'm not familiar with the Dingo brand, but Rosie's Rewards are an excellent quality beef jerky treat, from a mom and pop business in Montana, using USDA range-fed beef.

Other treats for you to consider: the Whole Life Pet Treats, Grandma Lucy's,Wildside Salmon, Dr. Harvey's Whisker Smackers....there are others out there. Cats are lucky, there has been a real explosion in human-grade, quality treats that aren't full of junk like dyes and sugars etc.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I havent seen kitty dingo but I know the dog contains chemical pres... i think potassium sorbate and also dyes

Rosies got the vote her with the cats

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds a bit like the Webbox (I think, I can't be bothered to go to the kitchen to check the name right now
) treats that we give Radar. They are kind of like jerky sticks and come in a few different meat flavours. Very high protein and low fat with no additives. The ideal treat, and they have been coming into their own this week while we are having to put antimicrobial cream in his eyes for conjunctivitis!