Not open for further replies.

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
Just finished two Caleb Carr books:
the Alienest and the angel of darkness.
Next is the Cairo Trilogy by Naguib Mahfouz.

In between I am reading David Sedaris short stories.

what have you just read? are reading or will read next?

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is a thread in the Paws and Reflect about this subject.

I am reading Jodi Picoult's Song of the Humpback Whale - I am really into her books now.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

There is a thread in the Paws and Reflect about this subject.

I am reading Jodi Picoult's Song of the Humpback Whale - I am really into her books now.
Ooo...did you read "The Pact" by her? It made me cry! I loved it though. The rest of her books I really couldn't get into.

I'm currently reading textbooks for 3 classes. But for enjoyment I'm in the middle of "Reading Lolita in Tehran". That won't get touched until after the semester though

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Ooo...did you read "The Pact" by her? It made me cry! I loved it though. The rest of her books I really couldn't get into.

I'm currently reading textbooks for 3 classes. But for enjoyment I'm in the middle of "Reading Lolita in Tehran". That won't get touched until after the semester though
I haven't read that one yet - I am just starting with her - so far I have read:

Salem Falls
Vanishing Act
Picture Perfect
and now the humpback one.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lurlene McDaniels 16 and dying.It's a good book, but sad.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just recently read Marley and Me! That is such a great book! The end made me cry so hard though!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
James Patterson's books. I have read most of them and enjoyed them. I usually get books from a store called Book Trader so the books are not brand new. Since I don't have room to store books this is a good alternative. I buy books at a discount and when I return them I get a discount on the books returned plus the books I buy. As I said, they are used books but they are kept in good shape and most are like new.

I also love Belva Plain and many others. Since I got my new computer, I don't read as much as I used too tho, bad girl

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

James Patterson's books. I have read most of them and enjoyed them. I usually get books from a store called Book Trader so the books are not brand new. Since I don't have room to store books this is a good alternative. I buy books at a discount and when I return them I get a discount on the books returned plus the books I buy. As I said, they are used books but they are kept in good shape and most are like new.

I also love Belva Plain and many others. Since I got my new computer, I don't read as much as I used too tho, bad girl
You should see if you can get - Richard North Patterson - He writes some good books. Also Lee Child - Jack Reacher series. Also, Diana Gabaldon has the Outlander series....I love to read. I've got 3 - 4 books going at any given time. I buy them as well as use the postal library service as I live in the country.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm now reading Midnight Flight by VC Andrews.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm reading

I, Elizabeth ~ About Queen Elizabeth I's reign. It's fabulous.
The Other Boleyn Girl ~ On the same vein as above but about Mary Boleyn
Bedlam ~ About a woman trying to get her husband out of the Bedlam Asylum.

And also some textbooks for class.

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I enjoyed The Other Boleyn Girl. Which reminds me. Phillipa Gregory has a new book out. Have to go the library site and request it.
I've read all of Jodi Picoult's and loved them all. She came to our library and spoke one night. She gave a great talk!

Anyone read any of Chris Bohjalian's books. I've enjoyed his too.

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just finished Phillipa Gregory's new book - another stunner!!

Working like a hero at the moment, so mostly reading emails and a rather dull book about Time Management and a fab book the kids bought me called the First Time Manager.

Hmm, some light entertainment called for, I think!!!!!!

jillian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Right now I'm reading Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire. I'm about 2/3 of the way through it, and I'm absolutely loving it!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just finished The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. Mom belongs to a book club and when I was at her house the cover intrigued me. When I had 20 pages left I searched online for more books by this author to find out this is her first book. I don't know what to read next. LoL

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snuzy

I enjoyed The Other Boleyn Girl. Which reminds me. Phillipa Gregory has a new book out. Have to go the library site and request it.
I've read all of Jodi Picoult's and loved them all. She came to our library and spoke one night. She gave a great talk!

Anyone read any of Chris Bohjalian's books. I've enjoyed his too.
I have The Other Boleyn Girl, I think I liked it... I might need to reread it. I love Jodi Picoult too, btw, she's one of my favorite writers, tho sometimes I think her novels are predictable it its unpredictability.

Right now I'm reading Life of Pi. I'm not THAT impressed, but it's holding my interest, for the most part.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Lurlene McDaniels 16 and dying.It's a good book, but sad.
I used to read all those books when I was younger... my mother said the books were so dramatically titled and depressed but I loved them!

Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Is this Jodi's newest book or an old one? I haven't heard of it before...

Status
Not open for further replies.