Chloe's adventure

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a large Cedar tree in our garden, yesterday Chloe chased a squirrel up the tree and she couldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t get down, she was up there all night. I was in and out all night trying to persuade her down. This morning I phoned the tree surgeon we use and he said he would come and rescue her, unfortunately he got held up on another job and didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t get here until 4.00pm, by then she had been up there for about 28 hours. Every time they tried to pick her up she crept away from them. In the end she was at the end of a branch, the lad up the tree shook it and DH and three other lads caught her in a duvet. She is fine she has had a drink and some of her favourite food and a wee, and is now catching up on her lost sleep.
This pic. was taken a couple of years age when the tree surgeon was tidying it up, Chloe was about where the dot is.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh the poor baby! She must have been so frightened - and you as well. Did you get any sleep, or did you stay by the tree making sure she was all right?
and you know, if she saw that darned squirrel go up that tree, she would porbably do it all over again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got about 2 hours in half hour bits

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Chloe! What a grand adventure, just next time, don't climb so high, OK?

I turst Chloe is OK & remained unhurt?

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woulda either climbed the tree my self or I woulda went and got the fire department to come and get my kitty.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh my - bet you couldnt sleep with her being up there ! bless her, did she ever get the squirrel

Glad she home safe and sound now

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bet all the squirrels were laughing at her!
Poor Chloe, glad she's OK.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I woulda either climbed the tree my self or I woulda went and got the fire department to come and get my kitty.
I'm afraid my tree climbing days are long gone, and our fire service will only rescue cats from trees if the RSPCA asks them to, and the RSPCA guide lines say they don't do anything until the cat has been stuck for more than 48 hours. I wasn't prepared to leave her up there for two days so I paid the tree surgeon to get her down

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anakat

I'm afraid my tree climbing days are long gone, and our fire service will only rescue cats from trees if the RSPCA asks them to, and the RSPCA guide lines say they don't do anything until the cat has been stuck for more than 48 hours. I wasn't prepared to leave her up there for two days so I paid the tree surgeon to get her down
That is why I woulda went down there, I woulda looked all sad and crying and stuff, we live in a small town, I probably know some of the firemen anyways.

I went and got the cops one time to come kill a snake that was in our boathouse.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad Chloe's adventure is over finally, Anne. Now for some sleep for you AND her!

And Belinda is telling the truth about the snake. She even threatened to burn down her own boathouse if they didn't come check it out!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Glad Chloe's adventure is over finally, Anne. Now for some sleep for you AND her!

And Belinda is telling the truth about the snake. She even threatened to burn down her own boathouse if they didn't come check it out!
Yep, and they come and killed the snake too

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad she is safe, Anne. But you didn't tell TCS what you told me, about Tolly trying to get her down and her ignoring his efforts to show her the way! I think he is a great cat.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Tolly was also doing a great job at trying to save his little sister!

I'm so pleased that Chloe is down and all safe and warm now!
I bet she was glad to have some food, and a comfortable bed to sleep on after the hard branch!

What an adventure for you all!

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have put a guard round the tree trunk about 12 ft from the ground, so that will hopefully stop any more little adventures. DH was very 'brave' because he doesn't like ladders.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh but look at all those branches, you can see why it would be a temptation to climb it! Beautiful tree.

Glad it all ended OK!

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tolly could leap up and down no bother, he was even trying to show Chloe how to get down but she was too stupid to follow him.