Cold temps

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys/girls!!

I have soon busy, i havent been on in a long time! But i had a question, and i know you girls can help. There has been a stray hangin around my house,and under the porch lately. She is a really sweet thing. I havent seen anyone trying to help so, so i have been feeding her lately.

My question is, with these horrible temps, would be i be doing her a misfavor if i brought her in In a med sized dog kennel in my bathroom for a few hours to let her warm up? she doesnt mind me helpin her or holding her, so i dont think she would mind me pickin her up to bring her in. I just wonder if it would help, or make it worse for her? its 5 degrees with windchills -25 and gusting. Thanks in advance!!

Liza

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you feel comfortable doing this?? Do you have a basement or garage? Just in case you can put the cage there too. I personally would not let the cat back outside as this cold blast (I'm in WI) will be getting worse for you the next couple of days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Do you feel comfortable doing this?? Do you have a basement or garage? Just in case you can put the cage there too. I personally would not let the cat back outside as this cold blast (I'm in WI) will be getting worse for you the next couple of days.
no i dont have either ( basement or garage). i was allowing her on my enclosed porch, as i could feed her easy there, and made a bed for her out of a small old kennel. I will look into the warmers at the store tonight as well. i did see something called a " self warming blanket for pets" would that be as good?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

no i dont have either ( basement or garage). i was allowing her on my enclosed porch, as i could feed her easy there, and made a bed for her out of a small old kennel. I will look into the warmers at the store tonight as well. i did see something called a " self warming blanket for pets" would that be as good?
That would probably work. I don't like the ones with wires/cords. IMO, they can cause a fire easily. The self warming beds look nice...

furry4fury

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Liza24

Hi guys/girls!!

I have soon busy, i havent been on in a long time! But i had a question, and i know you girls can help. There has been a stray hangin around my house,and under the porch lately. She is a really sweet thing. I havent seen anyone trying to help so, so i have been feeding her lately.

My question is, with these horrible temps, would be i be doing her a misfavor if i brought her in In a med sized dog kennel in my bathroom for a few hours to let her warm up? she doesnt mind me helpin her or holding her, so i dont think she would mind me pickin her up to bring her in. I just wonder if it would help, or make it worse for her? its 5 degrees with windchills -25 and gusting. Thanks in advance!!

Liza
Here we were at -44 this morning and last I checked at 12 it was -38. Having our winter temps is how I ended up taking Precious in 2 1/2 yrs ago. It was coming up on winter and she was outside, skinny, and wet...
couldn't not take her in. Now she's my baby.

Good luck with whatever you plan to do. Sorry I couldn;'t offer any suggestions.

nedra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
furry4fury,

Precious is so cute! I am so glad you brought her in.

It's hard not to bring them inside when it is so cold out...I am sure they appreciate it!