Ming Loy crawled into my lap today!!!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ming Loy, who has shown little interest in pets, and doesn't purr very often - and more so for Gary - crawled into my lap today! I was working at the kitchen table, and she stood up and pawed on my knees. I reached down to give her cheeks a few pets, because i didn't want to get up to play, and that's usually what she wants.

She flopped over on her side (her back legs are handicapped), so I reached down to pet her more - and she was PUSHING her head into my hand. This was so unusual, so I sat down on the floor to give her more pets - and she started purring like a maniac. I kept petting her - and she wobbled up, and kind of lunged into my lap! She twitched around and got comfortable - and rolled onto her back, purring up a storm! She just kept pushing her head into my hand so hard - she was loving it! :clap! Even when Gary came downstairs, she didn't get up and run - so he got to witness it. Like me, he was amazed.

Laurie

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's wonderful
I'm sure it's just the first of many cuddle sessions!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow Laurie, that's awesome!!!!!!! Don't you just love those moments??!! That's when you realise it's absolutely all worth it

I'm so glad Gary got to see it as well!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she has had an awakening (remember the movie?) I keep reading about things on here that we humans always think are our private domain only to find out later that cats have many of the same experiences we do.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Awwww..... What a brave girl Ming Loy is
What a breakthrough!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It wasn't too long ago that my little Ferris (who is now officially bigger than Ginger) pushed his head into my hand asking for lovies for the very first time!

Isn't it just THE best feeling?!?

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so adorable!!
It's such a wonderful feeling when your cat does something totally out of the ordinary and that you would never expect isnt it?
Zoey used to never be a lap cat but now she has been actually sitting in my lap lately when I lay on the couch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

It wasn't too long ago that my little Ferris (who is now officially bigger than Ginger) pushed his head into my hand asking for lovies for the very first time!

Isn't it just THE best feeling?!?
It so IS!

...and it's so nice to be able to share these moments with other people who GET how wonderful it is!

Laurie

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

It's amazing how some kitties take so long to turn that last corner of trust, to completely allow themselves to enjoy loves. But boy, when they do! Look out, now - you know that a little, black floppy luv-munster has been created, right?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

It's amazing how some kitties take so long to turn that last corner of trust, to completely allow themselves to enjoy loves. But boy, when they do! Look out, now - you know that a little, black floppy luv-munster has been created, right?
No kidding! She did it again this afternoon - pawing on my knees. This time instead of sitting on the floor, I picked her up and put her in my lap (she's not capable of jumping up there herself). I put my legs out on the chair across the table - and she stretched out! I was actually working on the computer with one hand while petting her with the other!!!!

WooHoo!

Laurie

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so excited for you!! There is just nothing like a distant kitty coming up to you for pets. The best feeling in the world!!