Why do I even watch them?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I LOVE scary movies. So, Friday night I went and rented Saw 3 for John & I to watch on our movie night. I've seen ther other 2, so I knew what I was in for.

Every single time I watch a scary movie, I'm freaked out for like a week afterwards. I keep the shower curtain open (
I know... I know.... ) and am totally paranoid about the scary stuff happening to me! I should just stop watching them, but I love them- I'm a big chicken

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard it was bloodier than the other 2. The 2nd one I had to mute and fast forward. I love horror but these scare me. The grudge was even worst with that kids face.

koukou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have seen Saw 1 and 2, but am yet to see 3. What did you think to it, is it worth me renting?

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really enjoy scary, suspenseful movies, but I have a hard time with movies like Saw and Final Destination, where you're given information as to how the characters will die and you're basically just sitting there waiting for it to happen. I'm not much bothered by blood and guts, I'm not the least bit squeamish; it's just that I can all too easily imagine what it feels like to have these bad things happen to you (like the reverse bear-trap in the first Saw movie :shudder: ) and so I can't watch it. I likewise can't watch movies where, because the events are from real life, I know the painful outcome -- like World Trade Center. I know what happens to the people in those towers. I don't care if the main characters survive; it's all the other people I feel for. I don't know if that makes any sense ... It's like, I can watch movies like The Ring or Blair Witch Project, because although you know something bad will happen, you don't know what will happen, whereas in Final Destination or Saw, the "what" and "how" plays a big part, and it's the whether or not it does happen that's suspenseful.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to love watching all those movies Kenzie, but not anymore. If it has lots of blood/gore in it, it's not for me!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really only get freaked out by the horror movies with ghosts in it. Then if I'm by myself, I will totally freak.

Actually I should do a show like that it. It would hilarious to watch (at least from my adult "I don't believe in anything" perspective). I have a HUGE fear of seeing a headless face in the mirror, so when I wash my face it's a race to finish and the first thing I do is look in the mirror and make sure no other face is staring back

Then I run to the light switch of a dark room...etc.

I know I'm pathetic...but I do love those movies!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I do the same thing.

If I watch scary movie late at night, I often get too nervous to finish it... but if it's during the day, I'm alright... until night falls and then I get realy nervous. I'm not afraid of the dark but I get less rational at night and I start being afraid of things I don't even believe in (like ghosts)

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kenz, I don't know how you watch that stuff

I can watch more real life crime, like Forensic files, because it's possible and it DID happen, the other stuff scares me because someones CRAZY mind actually thought this stuff up
And it gives crazy people IDEAS!!!
I was a little freaked out last night just watching Criminal Minds, which is one of my favorites.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Ok, I LOVE scary movies. So, Friday night I went and rented Saw 3 for John & I to watch on our movie night. I've seen ther other 2, so I knew what I was in for.

Every single time I watch a scary movie, I'm freaked out for like a week afterwards. I keep the shower curtain open (
I know... I know.... ) and am totally paranoid about the scary stuff happening to me! I should just stop watching them, but I love them- I'm a big chicken
I LOVED Saw 3... I just wonder what's going to happen in 4....

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saw 3 was so gross. It was a pretty good movie though. The one I did not like was the texas chainsaw massacre: the beginning. That movie was just too gory for me...and I have seen almost every horror movie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

I LOVED Saw 3... I just wonder what's going to happen in 4....
You think there will be a 4? I thought 3 was awesome, really good, but scared the crap outta me!

Originally Posted by gemlady

Kenz - you just wanted an excuse to cuddle closer to the boyfriend!

Your so right Jan!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I really only get freaked out by the horror movies with ghosts in it.
Then if I'm by myself, I will totally freak.
Actually I should do a show like that it. It would hilarious to watch (at least from my adult "I don't believe in anything" perspective). I have a HUGE fear of seeing a headless face in the mirror, so when I wash my face it's a race to finish and the first thing I do is look in the mirror and make sure no other face is staring back

Then I run to the light switch of a dark room...etc.

I know I'm pathetic...but I do love those movies!
That is why you have Luna & Whitey; to protect you

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really have a hard time watching horror movies. That being said, I have seen a couple during the day that were pretty good. I do not like the movies like Halloween, etc. Suspect I wouldn't like Saw for that reason. But if you like psychological scarey/ a little bit ghostly movies, I recently watched Session 9 (with David Caruso) It waas filmed at the old Danver State Mental Institution in Danver, Ma - it had a good plot and I loved the creepiiness of the buildings. Yesterday I watched Dark Water (with Jennifer Conolly) which was filmed on Roosevelt Island. That is another spot with a long, intresting history. If you can find the original The Haunting (with Julie Harris) done in black and white, watch it!

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saw 3 is the first movie in at least a decade that I've watched through my fingers/while hiding behind a blanket. Some of that stuff was way too painful to look at. Even bf watched some of it through his fingers.