I'm SUCH a sucker!!

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today I was running some errands and I had to stop at Petsmart. I needed to return the LitterMaid Mega Elite automatic litterbox I bought. The litterbox broke after about a month's use so thankfully Petsmart took it back. I also had to return almost 2 cases of Nutro Natural wet food. Taylor and Gunner weren't huge fans of the stuff. Anyway, after I returned that stuff, I went to pick out a different kind of automatic litterbox and a different brand of wet food. After that, I decided I'd go take a look at the kitties up for adoption.

In the adoption center was an adorable 5 month old DSH gray tiger patterned female. She was soooo cute all curled up in a ball sleeping. I read the information card on her and she was just turned over to the shelter by the adoptive family 4 or 5 days after she was spayed and declawed. The card said the kids in the family were mean to her so they returned her and she deserved a second chance. The card had a checkmark in the "no" box where it said "Good around kids".

Sooooo... she was so cute and I felt so bad with what she was going through, that I called a friend and my mom to talk me into getting her.
I told myself 2 cats was enough but I've been thinking 3 wouldn't hurt.
I filled out an adoption application and now I'm waiting to see what happens.

My two boys are declawed so the new girl will fit right in. The only difference is that she is front paw declawed and my boys are 4 paw declawed.

Tomorrow I am heading to Philidelphia for 6 days so I hope the adoption agency wouldn't disqualify me because of that. I wouldn't be able to take her home until next Sunday.

So am I sucker for getting a 3rd cat?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes you are a sucker
But at least you are a sucker that will have 3 beautiful cats!!

Congrats Keith! I hope you get her!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is absolutely the sweetest thing I have heard all day!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I agree!! I think that little angel would be lucky to have you adopt her! Besides, whats another one?

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wel, you might be a sucker, but a nice one.

Hope it works out for you!

And BOO to the peeps who had her declawed and then gave her up.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I agree!! I think that little angel would be lucky to have you adopt her! Besides, whats another one?
Yeah, Kenz, what's another one!

You're not a sucker, you're a tenderhearted soul with "sucker" written on your forehead! At least if you get her she'll have a good home!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, you're a sucker. Just like the rest of us.

{{{{{Successful adoption vibes}}}}

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Everyone is a sucker every once in a while, well all the time when it comes to kitties, I went to petsmart the other day and there was this gorgeous girl and I tried to talk my SIL into getting her but it didnt work, and well my mom said no because we have 6
so I tired although I did get mad when I was there because I witnessed a family surrendering their cat over
but I didnt say nothing, I guess its for the best, but go for it. That kittie deserves a wonderful home with you and ur kits already
I am keeping my fingers crossed for u
Keep us updated

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm going to give the shelter a call first thing in the morning to push my chances along.

I really hope the shelter wouldn't giver her to another family because I couldn't pick her up until next Sunday.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cubbie

I'm going to give the shelter a call first thing in the morning to push my chances along.

I really hope the shelter wouldn't giver her to another family because I couldn't pick her up until next Sunday.
I hope not

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I sure hope they will be fine with you being gone for a few days, it's not like you always travel right? Sounds like she's meant for ya!

BTW...hope you don't blow away here....I'm just south of Philly and it's soooo windy at the moment! And supposed to be for the next few days!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cubbie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I sure hope they will be fine with you being gone for a few days, it's not like you always travel right? Sounds like she's meant for ya!

BTW...hope you don't blow away here....I'm just south of Philly and it's soooo windy at the moment! And supposed to be for the next few days!
I don't travel a lot. Maybe once or twice a year. It's -5 F and windy here. Is Philly worse than that??? Please say no!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cubbie

I don't travel a lot. Maybe once or twice a year. It's -5 F and windy here. Is Philly worse than that??? Please say no!
Probably not worse than where you are. Chicago area right? My desktop weather currently says that it is 27 with a wind chill of 16 here....so maybe you'll actually warm up!

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck! I hope it works out for you to bring this little girl home!

Your story is the whole reason why I always need a "buddy" when I go see the pets up for adoption - to make sure I don't come home with a new member of the family!