Ok, so here is the update. I've been wanting to share this with you guys soooo bad.
I think at the last update, I said I was denied by the PetsMart woman (for lack of a better name) with a small chance of getting approved by the director of the animal shelter.
I called the director of the shelter and it turns out the cats at Petsmart came out of the same shelter I adopted Taylor from. She dug up my application and it showed that I marked that I intended on getting him declawed although I only said 2 at that time. They let me adopt Taylor knowing that, so the director saw I was honest.
I told her that I would not declaw Dolly or any other cat in the future. She said she would allow me to adopt Dolly. I was sooooooooooo :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor:' happy!
Then I told the director that I was leaving monday afternoon for business. I don't travel often for work at all so it was terrible timing. The director had no problem with holding Dolly for me and said that if the PetsMart woman needed the space at PetsMart, she could hold her at the animal shelter. She told me to relay this to the PetsMart woman.
I was excited. I called the PetsMart woman and told her that the director said I could adopt Dolly and then I told her that I wouldn't be able to pick her up until Sunday and could she hold Dolly for me. She kind of chuckled and said no that she wouldn't hold her for me. I thought she was making a joke so I kind of chuckled thinking "Of course she'll hold her for me."
....the PetsMart woman wasn't joking. She said she would not hold Dolly for me. I told her what the director said about keeping her at the shelter and she said no, that the cat had been through too much and she didn't want to risk having her around germs at the shelter. I said I could have a friend pick her up and take care of her. She said no, that I wouldn't be taking care of her. She said if she was still there on Sunday I could adopt her. I called the director and told her what was said and the director agreed with me she argued with the volunteer but really didn't press the issue (from my point of view).
I called today and Dolly was adopted out by someone else. I've been in a crappy depressed mood all day because of it.
The director has some other cats she wants me to see (of course). She agrees with me on the whole Dolly issue and said she has to resolve this issue with PetsMart woman, but that doesn't help me.
I understand the PetsMart woman is trying to find all the cats a home, but I wish she would have worked with me. If I were in her shoes, there is no way I could have been that cold and told her no.