Somebody shoot me!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Ok, I just sat down about an hour ago determined to get lots of reading done for my Tuesday class. So I start with the first article... and in an hour, I read about 10 pages (out of 40) and barely understood anything.
It's really nothing but pretentious incomprehensible giberish.

Really... there's a statement in there about how "music refuses to be enjoyed"
That's when I realized the article just could not make any sense.

Really, how do people like that get published?
And I know my prof is a really nice person... so why is she having us suffer through that?

That's it, I'm skipping to the next article!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, there is nothing worse than boring school work..how are you supposed to learn if you die from boredom?

Good luck with the rest of the articles!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

how are you supposed to learn if you die from boredom?
mmm... maybe I'll just tell my prof I couldn't finish the article because I feared for my life. Who knows... that idea of "dying from boredom" might be literally true. Why would I want to take that chance?

Ok, I'll really go back to work now.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck! I've been doing homework all night & not getting very far, either! Although, my book lies, so it's the book's fault!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe what the article was really saying, was that the writer's article refuses to be read, as it is hardly enjoyable enough to finish. Put that in your professor's pipe and smoke it!!!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

Maybe what the article was really saying, was that the writer's article refuses to be read, as it is hardly enjoyable enough to finish. Put that in your professor's pipe and smoke it!!!
I swear, I just had almost the same idea. I think I'll just tell the prof that the article refuses to be understood

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL welcome to my world.

The computer material I read is SO boring that half the time I keep the books for times when I can't fall asleep.

The main book of a class I'm in right now is so boring, I can't even finish the chapter...and we're assigned 2-5 chapters a week!!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
maybe she is not the one that picked the book you are using.
lol i remember we had to sit though a week of alt style music. and by that mean people who said anytone you hear is music. SO this guy went around smashing, chopping, burning different insterments ,, oh yea thats music.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh,I'd never get through reading like that......it has to be simple and fun for me to get anything from it!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the words of encouragement.

When I tried to get back to work last night, I had a bit of a breakdown and cried hysterically for a little while, convinced that I wouldn't get through the semester.

But later on I was able to snap out of it and read the second article for that class and most of the third one. They were much easier and enjoyable

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

I swear, I just had almost the same idea. I think I'll just tell the prof that the article refuses to be understood
I'm dying to know who wrote this- a friend of mine is always reading the most incomprehensible political books and I'd love to get this for him