Bad Benson

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just cleaning the very stinky litter box when Benson went crazy running and jumping all over the place. I had an etched glass hurricane candle holder on the window sill. You guessed it, Ben ran so fast he smashed it. Of course I bought it on sale and can't find it anyway. The odd thing is, it is a set and I moved one in the den to cover the litter smell. Ohhhh I so hate it when a set is no longer a set.

I showed the glass to him while making sure he didn't hurt himself. I gave him a very strong lecture about breaking house rule #2-don't break anything.

I haven't had a cat break anything in years and I am so mad right now.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww that's so sad. Does he have a naughty corner?

Unfortunately the only way to avoid things being damaged is have an empty house
but then that would be boring

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ouch, i know that feeling. Eazy busted a keyoff of my laptop sundaymoring

oh well, we love them anyway

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Naughty Benson! But you know you'll forgive him because he's cute

koukou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ali regularly breaks things, she says it is 'her naughty paws' that make her do it!!

It is annoying tho when a set is no longer a set... will you be stopping Bensons pocket money to cover the breakage?? Yes I do that... yes my mob get pocket money.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by koukou

Ali regularly breaks things, she says it is 'her naughty paws' that make her do it!!

It is annoying tho when a set is no longer a set... will you be stopping Bensons pocket money to cover the breakage?? Yes I do that... yes my mob get pocket money.
You actually give your cats pocket money?

What do they spend it on- wool? treats? fish?

I don't think Radar could be bribed not to break stuff- its his favourite think to hide and destroy

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Benson was actually getting you started on something "new" to collect. I have collected individual candlesticks for years and love to group them together. I think Benson would like you to collect glass hurricane shades...
ha, ha, ha!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a huge collection of candle holders and can't find a replacement anywhere.

So it got worst last night. He kept hiding behind DH's computer desk and playing with the wires. I tried to block it off but first thing this morning he was back there. I went to show him his toys and saw the table cloth moved on our dining room table. I went to fix it and found out last night he decided to CHEW on the top of the chairs. OMG our beautiful set. I am so freaking mad. He is locked up in the bedroom for a bit so I can calm down. I never had a cat chew wood before.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooops! I though that I had problems with Sophie sharpening her claws on my coffee table - at least it is old and all ready distressed - all I need to do is polish with some cleaning oil and I can cover up the marks. Benson looks like he has a nice set of teeth, though

koukou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

You actually give your cats pocket money?

What do they spend it on- wool? treats? fish?

I don't think Radar could be bribed not to break stuff- its his favourite think to hide and destroy
I keep their pocket money safe for them... then when there's a new toy or bed etc they can have it. If I let them keep it themselves they blow it all on catnip!

Benson makes Ali look like a saint at the mo...... I know what you mean about having to calm down... I spend a lot of time counting to 10 before shouting 'OK who did it???!!!!!!!!!!!'

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by koukou

I keep their pocket money safe for them... then when there's a new toy or bed etc they can have it. If I let them keep it themselves they blow it all on catnip!
I keep imagining your cats walking round with little purses around their necks waiting on street corners for the 'catnip' dealers