Winter Fun!

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Drove to Hubbards today to meet the parents at our cottage. They had it all toasty warm for us. We drove across the lake on dad's 4-wheeler. He went off on a little drive by himself while mum, sister and I cleared off a place to skate.

Clearing the ice

I love to skate!

The dog spent most of her time staring off in the direction dad drove off in.

She warmed up to us eventually.

It was a really great day. I haven't been down in the winter for so long. It's hard because the lake doesn't freeze easily and there's no access road to the cabin.

It really weird skating over places where I swim in the summer.

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You are so lucky to have somewhere like that to visit - it is so pretty!!
Looks like really good fun - I love skating, but the only chances I ever get are at the public rink with about 100 other people all falling over!!
That looks heavenly!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

Would that be Hubbards Point, the small village in Yarmouth County?
It's actually in Lunenburg county. We're probably not speaking of the same hubbards because Yarmouth is hours away from Halifax, and the cottage is only about 1/2 hour drive for us.

It's really great that the lake is frozen. It should be safe until the end of february so I should get a few more trips in.

The latest we've been on the ice is mid-march. We keep a journal. One year it read that we were down at the lake, skating and what-not and the next year around the same time we were boating across.

That's Nova Scotia weather. Some years we don't get down at all in the winter, other years we spend many weekends there.