My best friend's neighbor is missing

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This should be good for those who like a good mystery. Here's the story.

My best friend has a neighbor who was a young guy, in his mid 30's atleast. He hasn't seen him since October. His van has been parked outside of the house and there has been no real activity in all that time. He said that he noticed at one time that the basement light was on but then it turned off after a while, so most likely the power got cut off.

Then on Thursday night a car pulled up, a guy got out and went to the front door and knocked. No answer. He then went and looked in the windows of the van, got back in his car and drove away. Alittle while later a few cop cars and firemen showed up and they broke into the house. He could see them going from room to room knocking on doors and windows and using flashlights to look around. About 15 minutes later they came out and left (and now the outside door is off the hinges and the front door is busted open and semi closed).

The next day my buddy went out into his backyard to hang the laundry and he noticed this on the back of his neighbor's house:

As you can see (or if you can't if he takes down the picture) there is a huge glacier of ice covering a window and coming through the siding. When the house was up for sale he took a tour of it because his brother was interested. He says that the window that the ice is formed over is for the kitchen. The bathroom is directly above it. He figures what probably happened was the heat was turned off but the water wasn't, so the pipes burst in the bathroom, sending water pouring through the walls and out through the siding. He figures it must be a mess in that house. When he bought theirs they had water damage and he said a few floors collapsed. He figures the same thing probably happened in this house.

So we have no idea what happened to the guy. We all expected them to remove a body when the cops showed up. We don't know if he's dead elsewhere or if (and this is what I think) if he just up and started a new life or something. I believe he is originally from Africa, atleast that's the langauge they've heard him speaking. So maybe he decided to move back. Who knows.

I just want some answers though. This is probably always going to bug us. It's a mystery

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW! You better keep us updated on this one, I love a good mystery too. Too often it ends in tragedy though...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

WOW! You better keep us updated on this one, I love a good mystery too. Too often it ends in tragedy though...
Somehow I just have a feeling that it's not a tragic ending. Something just makes me think he up and left.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's crazy but I know how you feel wanting to know where he is and what happened to him. My best friends husband has been missing for 1 1/2 years and we have no idea where he is nor does the FBI.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is really weird, I think maybe is just up and left too.

Keep us updated on it though.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

Somehow I just have a feeling that it's not a tragic ending. Something just makes me think he up and left.
I can't help but wonder if he's running from something...

No normal person would just up and leave like that without selling their house and car and all that, even if they wanted to leave in a hurry they'd still want their $$ that they spent on the house and car.

Sounds to me like he may have been up to something, or maybe some sort of family emergency happened and he had to leave suddenly and now can't get back? You'd think if it were the latter he would have told someone he was leaving and had them keep an eye on the house for him though.

clu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That does sound pretty fishy to me. Now i'm definitely wondering what happened. Keep us posted!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is pretty strange. Could he have been deported back to Africa?

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

That is pretty strange. Could he have been deported back to Africa?
I wonder what happens to people's possessions, though, when they are deported. Would the govt. have seized the house and his car? Or would he be allowed the opportunity to sell it?

Hmmm...this is a very curious case!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

I wonder what happens to people's possessions, though, when they are deported. Would the govt. have seized the house and his car? Or would he be allowed the opportunity to sell it?

Hmmm...this is a very curious case!
That is a good question. Hrmmm. It is very curious indeed.

clu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure his possessions would be seized if he was deported.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Clu

I'm pretty sure his possessions would be seized if he was deported.
That's sort of what I was thinking, which means that the cops probably wouldn't be coming over and going through the house looking for someone.

My guess is, he up and left in the middle of the night because he's got something to hide.

Just my guess.

clu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by OllyExtra05

That's sort of what I was thinking, which means that the cops probably wouldn't be coming over and going through the house looking for someone.

My guess is, he up and left in the middle of the night because he's got something to hide.

Just my guess.
That's a really good guess. There is always that chance that he might have been mixed up in something to do with illegal substances. I'm really anxious to see how this one plays out.

sprocket

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Couple of quesitons.

What country are we talking about here? Is he in the US, and is a foriegn national living in the US legally, or possibly illegally?

OR, is he a citizen?

Did he rent or own the house he was staying in?

Does he have family in the same town, and they're not looking for him?

Has he been listed with any missing person web sites or crime sleuthing forums?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well he must be paying rent/mortgage otherwise he would have been evicted/forclosed on and all his belongings would be gone... Including his vehicle..

kittyprincess

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tha is weird!! deffinately got me wondering what happend to the guy. my guess is, he was involved with something that he shouldnt have been involved with and was going to get caught, so he had to up and leave everything. Did any one find a wallet or like a gym bag missing? if so then i think he is running from something. If he was deported or he was paying rent and decided not to any more somebody would have came and took his stuff and sold the house or something, very confusing tho!! Deffinately keep me updated i wanna know what happend to this guy......