TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to use the crystal blend and for clay was happy

kitte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat absolutely prefers tidy cats... esp. the clumping litter. She's not so keen on recycled paper litter, in fact she prefers to eat it rather than pee in it, as far as atapulgite... well, she will use it but only after the most vicious glance/glare in my direction.....

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittE

My cat absolutely prefers tidy cats... esp. the clumping litter. She's not so keen on recycled paper litter, in fact she prefers to eat it rather than pee in it, as far as atapulgite... well, she will use it but only after the most vicious glance/glare in my direction.....
my younger one liked to nibble the paper and the wood litters... chn feed she doesnt

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had good results with the cats when using Tidy Cats clumping/scoopable litter. I usually use Arm & Hammer Super Scoop but will alternate between the two depending on what's on sale. Fortunately the kits will use both and aren't picky about which one I use in the box.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like Tidy Cats, but I've notived it doesn't clump very hard, so I mix it with Scoop Away, which clumps like a rock

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i stopped using it when they changed the formula. now the pieces are pretty big and it smelled weird. and it didn't clump as well as the old formula. we were using the grocery store's unscented scooping litter. but recently changed over to walmart's special kitty scoop with crystals. it clumps pretty hard, isn't too dusty, and is small granules like my cats like.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Tidy Cats Immediate Odor Control is by far the most effective on odors... but it hadn't occurred to me that the granules might be uncomfortable for the kitties. We have a Litter Robot (worth every penny! litter-robot.com), so we have to use a clumping litter... maybe I'll try a finer one. Glad I found this thread!

mandm1213

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have actually always used Fresh Step. I was going to go for TidyCats, but couldn't bare to switch. Fresh Step with crystals is amazing and i'm sure that Tidy Cats is a really good litter too. Hope you decided!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really like the Tidy Cats clumping with crystals, too, but I'm giving the Walmart Brand (Special Kitty clumping with crystals) a try, as it is half the price. First scoop is tonight!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we usually get tidy cats but we are giving that arm n hamor i think its called a try, my mom heard it was really good, but man is the price up there for that stuff
but usually we us tidy cats...with 6 cats it actually works pretty good as long as the cat can cover their stinkies up and well in my room the litterbox there the poos always covered because bella hates the stinkies and goes and recovers it for whoever didnt
o and we use the clumping litter

errrinn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I used to use silica litter (Mimi Litter) for Juno, which is very absorbent and turns poop into clumps as hard as cement and makes pee evaporate. It worked pretty well in those respects, but it wasn't great as far as odor-prevention; plus, it was kind of dusty and made Juno sneeze and cough.

Now we use Tidy Cats Crystal Blend, and it works well. My mom uses it for her cats too, and when she tried to switch them to the Mimi Litter stuff, they sneezed a lot too.

mandm1213

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've never used Tidy cats, but most people say it's good. I use Fresh Step with crystals and it works wonders

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I also use wal-marts special kitty clumping for multiple cats. Clumps great and scoops easy, no unpleasant smell. Price is great also.

mamakitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My two cats are currently on Tidy Cats immediate odor control with tidy lock technology. I'm not completely satisfied with it because it does crumble. I don't think their "immediate odor control" is really that great. I think scoopaway with crystals is much better so I will probably go back to that one after this 38lbs of tidy cats gets used up. I have also bought another 38lbs of Tidy cats with crystals so I'm going to see whether this is comparable to scoopaway.