Custom Username Questions

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having saved enough for a custom user name, I am leaning towards having mine in a font of my choice.

It says to list font, but I have seen some fonts with several names.

Is there a preview feature?

If I go with glowing or colored, what colors are available? Are they the ones you see when posting?

Am I making any sense?

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The system uses the same colors that are available for posting. It's too bad the colors now show as a graphic list rather than the old text list.

There is currently no preview for either the color or fonts with vbplaza. I could be wrong, but vbplaza should also support the exact same fonts that are in the font list for a post. I suggest pretending to make a new post. Type out your username in one of the available fonts and click the preview post button. Rinse and repeat as necessary. This will also work with color because when you click on a color, it will show the color name within the tags that appear in the reply box before you submit. This is very helpful because it's hard to guess the name of some of the colors just by looking at the graphic list.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't too sure but had a suspicion that it was using the fonts and colors we have for posts.

Thanks, Ryan! Have some
!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do I find where I can get a custome Username? I really like the "glow" I've seen on some folks, but can't figure out where to go to buy it!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

How do I find where I can get a custome Username? I really like the "glow" I've seen on some folks, but can't figure out where to go to buy it!
If you click on vbPlaza Main- and scroll down past your History- there will be a few options that you can choose from. I do believe the one you want should say something like User Title Options.

If your not a paid subscriber, I think the colored usernames are only for them, I'm not sure about the rest of the stuff tho.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah don't try to get hot pink. It will give you black!!

Try to go into most sold uner the Plaza Menu and click on the item name. If you can buy it, it will let you. I think colored usernames are for premium members only though.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But...I AM a premium member!

Thanks, I'll try the "history" thing. Had no idea that's where I had to go.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It says I don't have enough points. Where do I go to see the number of points you need for each option, is there a list posted somewhere?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

But...I AM a premium member!

Thanks, I'll try the "history" thing. Had no idea that's where I had to go.
Sorry I lose track of who is in the PL and who is in the Cat lounge! Ignore me! But you can go there to see your options too! Oh you have to take the points out of the bank still.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It says I don't have enough points. Where do I go to see the number of points you need for each option, is there a list posted somewhere?
For a colored username, its 2567.66 points

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recommend getting into a paint program and experiment with color combinations. I had debated the red like LuckyGirl's but it didn't seem to work for me and the green eyes skin.

Try using the spray or a big brush to give you the glow affect. I wish there was a preview option for this feature.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And I think you need a few more points. It cost me just over 2600 for the custom font.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the suggestions - but I'm a total doofus and can't use the paint program. I wind up just using the eraser on everything I attempt.

I have a cool new greenish glow, thanks to Phenomsmom donating a few points to me! A public THANK YOU!!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the suggestions - but I'm a total doofus and can't use the paint program. I wind up just using the eraser on everything I attempt.

I have a cool new greenish glow, thanks to Phenomsmom donating a few points to me! A public THANK YOU!!!!
That looks great!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't know how many times I started all over with a new file!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kenz? Did you know your username doesn't show with the red tabbies skin until you put your cursor over it?

And the green glow doesn't show with Night Vision.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sicycat

Where?
You can't see it with all browsers. I can see "glows" if I switch to IE, but not with Opera. Even the Forum Default setting doesn't allow me to see it.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Kenz? Did you know your username doesn't show with the red tabbies skin until you put your cursor over it?

And the green glow doesn't show with Night Vision.
i really like your custom font, Jan. i'm saving up for something different. i was thinking about a colored username, but now i'm thinking maybe the font...