Another Pepper question...

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't usually post in this section because usually the kitties are problem free, but I have a question now. Pepper stinks. He smells horrible--it smells like a mix between vomit and feces. Now I don't notice it until I pick him up and then usually my clothes and hands will stink after holding and petting him. Any suggestions as to what this could be? I am going to call te vet tomorrow nd take him in, but I'm kind of at a loss as to what it could be. He's eating and doing all his normal things.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not yet but that's a good idea! I'll go track him down and get back here. He's a 11 month old neutered fat boy that's only health problems seem to be vomiting after he wolf's his food down.

He just tracked ME down and his teeth look fine.

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've not had to deal with the problem myself, (yet), but he may need his anal glands expressed. That is the one thing I've read about in here that is always about a terrible odor. I'm sure others that have dealt with this will be more help, but I'm guessing that's what it may be.

Good luck getting the problem resolved quickly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, great! He actually has emptied his anal glands before (he got scared at the vet's office) and, now that you mention it, that's what it smells like.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Color me ignorant on this issue. What do anal glands do and when do you know they need expressed, and how do you do this? Is this the same in females?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tru

I've not had to deal with the problem myself, (yet), but
he may need his anal glands expressed
. That is the one thing I've read about in here that is always about a terrible odor. I'm sure others that have dealt with this will be more help, but I'm guessing that's what it may be.

Good luck getting the problem resolved quickly.