I just found a puppy

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just went under my carport, and there was a little brown puppy in my back yard, my yard is fenced in, but we always leave the gate open.

He was just standing there, when I tried to go to him, he tried running away from me, he looked hungry so I gave him some food, but he was scared to eat it.

So I came back inside and got some left over meat loaf and gave it to him. He ate it. So I went back inside and got some more, I got him outside my fence right now, I don't know if he is lost or something.

I will just keep my eye on him right now. He might belong to one of the neighbors.

This is how Opie found our home too.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm....I'd keep a close eye and even maybe shut the gate to your backyard and check with a few neighbors or something. Hope it's not cold out there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, it is not too cold, and I have shut the gate because I just put Opie outside for a few minutes.

But now the puppy is gone.

A couple of weeks ago one of the elderly ladies from down the street called me to tell me something of hers was missing, but I can't remember now if it was a dog or a cat.

So maybe he belonged to her, the puppy just disappeared that quick. I came inside and posted that I had found him, and when I went to see about him he was gone.

I will still go outside and look for him, but I couldn't see him anywheres on the street.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww poor pup. I would keep him in the backyard and see if someone see's him and gets him or try going around and seeing if he belongs to one of your neighbors.... if not I would put up some found posters and make the person describe him to you (so they arn't just trying to get a free puppy). Too dangerous for a pup to be running around....he could get hit. I hope the owner finds him soon.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kaylacat

Awww poor pup. I would keep him in the backyard and see if someone see's him and gets him or try going around and seeing if he belongs to one of your neighbors.... if not I would put up some found posters and make the person describe him to you (so they arn't just trying to get a free puppy). Too dangerous for a pup to be running around....he could get hit. I hope the owner finds him soon.
I think I am gonna call that elderly lady down the street. I am not really afraid of him getting hit by a car or nothing, we don't live on a busy street.

When I fed him just now, I put him in the front yard, I thought maybe if he was lost he would figure out how to go back home. And that musta been what happened cause I still don't see him anywheres.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is not a litty bitty puppy, he is probably about 6 months to a year, he is just a little dog. He has the shape of a weeny dog, but his hair is not slick like a weeny dog.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

Oh my, I hope you get something sorted out, and the dog gets back home
Me too

I am really thinking he musta belonged to that old lady, cause he just got gone so fast.