Mosi's having a naughty day!

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else's cats have days when they just can't keep themselves out of trouble? Mosi is having one of those days today
He can't jump onto anything without knocking something over. He woke me up at 6.30 am (having already woken me an hour earlier climbing into bed) by jumping onto a chest of drawers and knocking everything that was on the top onto the floor. Then a bit later he knocked everything (including a glass of water - I normally have a bottle as he likes to drink out of a glass but couldn't find one last night so took a risk with the glass) off my bedside table. Then I was making a sandwich for lunch and he jumped on the counter and knocked the whole lot onto the floor. A few minutes later he managed to knock over the kitchen bin. This afternoon he's been playing on the clothes airer in the bathroom and has knocked all the clothes onto the floor (he usually manages to avoid doing that). Now he keeps walking over my computer keyboard or in front of the screen and has knocked the same few papers onto the floor twice. As I'm typing this he's just knocked my jewellery box onto the floor
Enough Mosi!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some days are just like that, aren't they? Maybe he's bored and is just looking for something to do!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miss Moofs is usually the one who is prone to 'naughty days' it drives us mad, cos you can never figure out why they are being such a
All you can hope for is they tire themselves out and have to have a snooze

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Days????? Days?????? Its been like that in my house ever since Tammy-Timmy swished through the door.

Days????

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ants in his pants, I say.

Yesterday my kittens had ants in their pants and couldn't sit still from about 6:00am till 2:00. I'm sure my poor downstairs neighbours were not too pleased with the constant kitty stampede.

And then? When I had a visitor who would have LOVED to see them active? Not a thing. They had gotten the ants out of their pants I suppose.

P.S. The picture of Mosi in your signature is just adorable. Though I'm sure you're not seeing him as being all that cute right now...

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL - Thankfully today is not one of those days here. But I know what you mean. Somedays Penelope and Maverick will NOT stop playfighting, jumping, running, etc. Other days, they are perfect angels.

Today they are both curled up in their cat bads. Penelope is in her "privacy bed" (it has a dome) and Maverick is nestled next to her in his Steeler bed.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mosi, don't disturb Meowmmy's quality computer time
Go attack your kitty-toys
And, of course, Mosi is too cute to REALLY be annoying

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
can you send mosi over here, maybe they can hook up with Eazy and we both can get some comptuer time in.

Eazy already busted off one of the keys on my laptop today
and it wont go back on,
need to find superglue maybe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

can you send mosi over here, maybe they can hook up with Eazy and we both can get some comptuer time in.
Happy to! But do send him back cos I love him really

He zonked out for about half an hour then went on the rampage again. I'm hoping he'll sleep tonight as he certainly hasn't slept much today but not pinning my hopes on it as Mosi doesn't do the sleeping at night thing

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well a naughty day turned into a naughty evening until about 12.30am this morning when he climbed into bed and under the duvet to snuggle up to me. I was then woken at 5.15am not by Mosi (makes a change) but by the fire alarm panel in my block of flats. Went back to sleep only to be woken an hour later by a dog howling outside
When I went to feed them I noticed that someone (not mentioning any names, Mosi..) had disembowelled a toy spider during the night and there was black fluff all over the living room carpet
I thought cats were supposed to sleep a lot!
I'm very tired today and am blaming Mosi.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is waiting until you go out, then he will have a lovely long nap and be re-energised and ready for more mischief when you get home

Every day is like that round here - the crashes, the bangs, the flying through the air at head height... even Sonic is getting in on the act, he loves playing with bits of paper and has developed a habit of waking me up by batting a paper ball onto my face and then pouncing on it

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

He is waiting until you go out, then he will have a lovely long nap and be re-energised and ready for more mischief when you get home
That's what I'm thinking too! Although judging by the cushions, dvds and other stuff on the floor (that weren't on the floor when I left for work this morning) he's not been asleep all day. I love him to bits but I do sometimes wish I could take his batteries out and give myself a breather
I also think he's a bad influence on Jaffa. Jaffa's always been a lively lad but at nearly 10 he's finally slowing down a bit (ie he does actually spend some time asleep). At least he was but he knocked some stuff over (and broke a glass) a few days ago and is more than happy to join Mosi in a game of tag.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trout gets into these phases at night when I am trying to sleep...she chews everything scratches her claws on everything...This morning at 4am she was licking and biting my fingers for a good 3 minutes.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Every day is like that round here - the crashes, the bangs, the flying through the air at head height... even Sonic is getting in on the act, he loves playing with bits of paper and has developed a habit of waking me up by batting a paper ball onto my face and then pouncing on it
"Good Morning, Mummy!"

Aristotle had his moments this morning. He had to get on the printer and the papers next to it and rearrange my "filing system". Finally had to raise my voice and he disappeared a few minutes. Later returned and stared at me from the top of the CPU.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I think Mosi's either gone completely mad or has become a teenager!
He's always been lively but he's just bouncing off the walls at the moment and hardly sleeping at all. Last night he was on the counters non stop and kept running off with stuff. I had a toy cat on there that I got for xmas (sitting in a mug) and just haven't put away anywhere and he ran off with that. Then he ran off with the washing up sponge
He was like that all evening - just wanting to play and if he wasn't running around he was "rearranging" the contents of the flat. He did settle down at bedtime though - until 4am!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to laugh, but it sounds like Mosi has been keeping you on your toes!

Maybe he's just trying to get the Feng Shui going in your flat?

You'll have to get some pictures of his antics - if you can focus through the lack of sleep!

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

Sorry to laugh, but it sounds like Mosi has been keeping you on your toes!
You're not wrong there! From the minute I get home from work to when I crawl into bed exhausted I'm playing with him. I'm on my hands and knees throwing balls and wine corks etc., dragging fishing rod style toys along the ground (he races up and down the room and does very high somersaults - I swear he'll hit the ceiling one day
) etc and he just doesn't seem to tire. My kitchen light is broken at the moment so I'm using a lamp in there and the shadows it casts are driving him mad - he sits there chirrupping away and launching himself at the walls! I wonder if the weather has anything to do with it. I know it's not really spring yet, but as spring approached Magpie always used to get a bit lively. Round about end feb/beg March he would start to get very playful and more vocal.