Vibes for those in Indonesia

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
There has been severe flooding in Indonesia. We have some members there and hope they are ok.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, Indonesia has really suffered a lot just lately, they could certainly do with a break. I am praying and sending positive ((((
stay safe
)))) vibes

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending prayers and hugs from Mississsippi for the people in Indonesia, I hope that they stay safe.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't want to mix any negativity with my prayers, but reading the contributory causes to this disaster made my blood boil
Deforestation combined with poor urban planning....which was blamed for disasters 5 years ago....when will the powers that be ever learn
or could it be that they don't care

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its been bad from what the people i know have told me(itta family)
the cousin walked home vs trying to drive on the streets that were underwater(reiko, is the computer admin for the world health Organization)

there drain system is in no way set up to drain that amount of water.
I do hope that everyone stays safe.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

I didn't want to mix any negativity with my prayers, but reading the contributory causes to this disaster made my blood boil
Deforestation combined with poor urban planning....which was blamed for disasters 5 years ago....when will the powers that be ever learn
or could it be that they don't care
like every place else, they want to make money and put food on the table. So they sale what they have. decrease the demand you decrease deforestation. I cant wait until all books and papers etc, come on a little disc on your just download, and put in a Ereader device. that would be cool.

but as to the urban planning? what urban planning would be a better way of putting it.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

but as to the urban planning? what urban planning would be a better way of putting it.
How sad to have to raise children in such conditions
And when I am hearing my fellow citizens show so much concern over properly celebrating SuperBowl while choosing to remain ignorant of all those poor people who will drink diseased water out of desperation, I understand why angels cry

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I am so sad to hear of this. I watch the news daily and have seen nothing of this - and I watch MSNBC - thoughts and prayers to everyone in Indonesia - yes, it is trying to survive (everywhere in the world) that creates these problems...when will we ever learn?

indokitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dear all... thank you for the sympathy messages about what happened in indo right now. That is true that in Jakarta got a very big flooding. Almost 60% area & road are covered with water :-( from 20 cm to 3 meters!
The high rain season in Bogor (hill's area) these days that goes into Jakarta's rivers...make the river cant hold the water any longer. As the bad development that's just taking away the woods, absorbment areas, illegal way to build the land, the corruption (lol) plus the road & and bad pollution in the river, etc..all may caused this bad bad floading there.

What was worse is that the electricity is also down for couple days in some area. And some phone line got broken as well.

Anyway..TG i am not living in Jakarta , i live in Surabaya- its the east side of Java island, (about 15 hours drive) so we are quite safe and doesn't get any flood (hopefully will stay that way). So my kits are fine and well too. I dont know if there is any member from Jakarta, Indonesia as well.

Thank you for all the thoughts.
Hugs & Regards from Indonesia.
Itta.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My prayers are with all of them in Indonesia, I have many friends there whom have thankfully checked in ok...please, pray that the rains go to Australia where it's much needed.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by indokitty

Anyway..TG i am not living in Jakarta , i live in Surabaya- its the east side of Java island, (about 15 hours drive) so we are quite safe and doesn't get any flood (hopefully will stay that way). So my kits are fine and well too. I dont know if there is any member from Jakarta, Indonesia as well.
Thank you for all the thoughts.
Hugs & Regards from Indonesia.
Itta.
I am so glad that you and you kitties are safe.

My thoughts will be with those who are caught in this man made disaster.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for checking in with us to let us know that you are safe

Continued prayers for those in the area.