Are some cats just not "other cat" kind of cats?

denrin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So Bailey and Malcolm have been together a week. Introductions have gone well. They sleep in the same bed with us, they eat right next to one another, they play fight. Sometimes. But Bailey continue to hiss now and then at her, and they run after one another. Sometimes. I really would LOVE to see the two of them really befriend one another - sometimes they rub their noses against one another, and it looks just so friendly. But anytime Malcolm approaches Bailey for what looks like a cuddle, Bailey hisses and Malcolm backs off. It really seems like Bailey is the one stopping the two from snuggling together... so I guess I am just wondering if it is possible that some cats just don't like toher cats ever?!?! They are only 3 months (Malcolm) and 4 months (Bailey). Bailey is getting spayed very soon, so any chance this will help?

Thanks...

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First, they are adorable! It sounds like they will be great friends, it does take time. The hissing will stop eventually, as long as there is no aggressive physical contact and or behavior, you have a great team there
! Siblings do this as well, it just the way they play and learn. I Have to say, Bailey is a beauty, I am going to look for pics in Fur pics!

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A week really isnt that long at all. And it sounds like they're doing just fine, and at a normal level.

Zoey still gets annoyed with Saki quite often and they never snuggle together. It's usually a miracle when I catch them sleeping NEAR each other
But I really do think that they enjoy each others company. They play fight and chase each other all the time even though Zoey is allllways hissing and growling.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

denrin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, thanks.. you are all so helpful. I guess I just pictured two little cats all curled up next to one another and when that hasn't happend I get so distressed. Bailey is a beauty, but she is so aloof. I really think her owners that had her for just two months really didn't pay much attention to her. Luckily she has come to a home where she is just adored!! i'll keep you all updated and more pictures will come in Fur Pics soon - we have pics of the two eating next to one another that I will post (once camera batteries recharge!!)

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Denrin

Ok, thanks.. you are all so helpful. I guess I just pictured two little cats all curled up next to one another and when that hasn't happend I get so distressed.
It could still happen.. like I said it hasnt been long. Give it some time, they are young and I bet they will grow up to be best friends.

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And female cats I think are born with a protective instinct (they need it a lot of the time), and are so territorial, so she's just doing her normal thing and he's doing his. They're gorgeous!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It actually sounds like that they are doing extremely well together given the fact that they've only been together 1 week. A week isn't even time enough to be acclimated to their new homes, let alone a new cat.