I think I'm going to have a nervous breakdown...

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that my life is in general pretty good. Really, I know that. I've had enough truly awful things happen to me to have that kind of perspective.

However, the past few weeks (months, really) have just been one thing after another. My husband lost his job in November. We have the car people, the student loan people, and even public storage place threatening us.

Tobie burned his paw badly (but he's mostly better now), using all the funds we had available this month to treat him.

My mom is getting worse by the day, and she won't go back to the doctor to see if her breathing is worse due to the autoimmune condition, a heart condition, or hernia.... so she just wastes away very very slowly.

Yesterday, my husband got in a car accident, and we just changed insurance companies.... so in addition to having to come up with a deductible, our rates are going to go up.

And today.... I :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: BROKE MY FOOT! I was trying to avoid stepping on Godiva as I came down the stairs, but instead I skipped a couple steps and landed on the floor at a funny angle on the inside of my foot/big toe. It's not a bad break, but it hurts like hell, and I'm a waitress. I will get fired if I don't grin and bear it and keep going to work.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWE!

I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time of things. Things seem to always happen at once.

I'm sending you some healing vibes and job finding vibes for your hubby!

Things will get better, so keep you chin up!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. It means a lot to me right now! I wish the pain meds would kick in... because I'm about to cry because my foot hurts so badly.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh honey, I am so very sorry. This must be so difficult for you right now.

KittenKiya's clan sends you heartfelt healing headbuts and soooothing, calming licks to help you out until the meds kick it.

Are you sure that using that foot is REALLY the best thing to do? What if you end up permanently damaging it?

Do you have some type of disability that you could apply for just on a temporary basis until things are a little better for you?

Hugs and kittykisses.

ptnfl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My goodness, that's an awful lot for one person to handle. Try to keep your chin up....it sounds like things have to start getting better. Something good is going to happen now.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Goodness, you have a lot on your plate right now...trust me when I say that things will start to look up soon, because really, they always do eventually. It will get better!

Please be careful working with that foot, missy! You don't want to hurt it even worse!

Sending you some vibes...smile, and tell yourself to take one day at a time!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

Oh honey, I am so very sorry. This must be so difficult for you right now.

KittenKiya's clan sends you heartfelt healing headbuts and soooothing, calming licks to help you out until the meds kick it.

Are you sure that using that foot is REALLY the best thing to do? What if you end up permanently damaging it?

Do you have some type of disability that you could apply for just on a temporary basis until things are a little better for you?

Hugs and kittykisses.
No, it's just a part time job, and they hire and fire as they please as Indiana is at will employment. You do one thing wrong, you're out of there... I was already out for a couple weeks last September from my own car accident, I injured my knee badly enough to where I couldn't walk. Since I was new, they gave me the benefit of the doubt. But I know that the wouldn't tolerate it a second time.

The doc said if I wear a bootie-cast type thingie, that I should be okay. He wrote up a note saying I need to be as close to the kitchen as possible and that I need to be allowed to wear the bootie as long as I am in pain. He say's I'll be in pain, and it will delay healing, but if my job is important to me, it isn't going to hurt things in the long run.
Apparently, I just tore some cartilage in my big toe joint and have a hairline fracture on my first metatarsal (I think that's what he said).

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh you poor thing! What a run of bad luck you've had lately! Vibes and prayers that hubby finds a new job, your foot heals properly and quickly, your mom gets better and things just all around improve!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, guys... I can't say how much it means to me. I know I'm not the only one struggling on here, so here's some hugs from me to all of you too.

We'll get our tax refund soon, so that will help a little until hubby finds a job... but as for my foot... ugh. My mom has an autoimmune disorder that attacked her lungs. She also has diabetes and beginning stages of heart failure due to the lung issue. In addition, half of her diaphragm is paralyzed for unknown reasons, and she has a hernia that needs surgery. She's had MRSA, and almost died of that a year or two ago. She's been this sick for the past five years... which is why my husband I live with her to help her out and see her through her last months, maybe years (of misery). Thankfully, kittens bring her great joy, and she's here for us as much as she can otherwise. She's very supportive. She's a self-proclaimed sage and takes it all in stride.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry, sweetie.
I hope things start up looking up for you soon!
I hope your foot heals up okay. you'll be in my thoughts.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
lots of hugs and vibes that things start looking up for you! I broke my foot a few years ago and I had to wear that bootie thing too, believe me when I tell you that you cannot walk fast in that thing, I broke my 3 middle metatarsals, right straight across the middle, but it really sounds like what is causing you the pain is the torn cartillage, when I broke my foot it didn't really hurt, other than being a pain in the you know what

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too am sorry all this is happening to you and I'm sending lots of good, healthy thoughts your way.

Hilda >^..^<

firsttimeowner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
im new here but ill just say tomorow is a new day.we have no idea what god has in store for us.so im hopeing ya tomorows are beter and better keep the faith .when i get down i go out and look at the stars

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by firsttimeowner

im new here but ill just say tomorow is a new day.we have no idea what god has in store for us.so im hopeing ya tomorows are beter and better keep the faith .when i get down i go out and look at the stars
Well said Firsttime...

Hilda >^..^<

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow you sure are starting the year off on the wrong foot, sorry no pun intended. I'm sending you and yours lots of good wishes and I hope your mom will be ok.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Goodness, that's a lot for one person! I sure hope life stops throwing you curve balls and you guys start hitting home runs. (I'm pretty sure that comes from seeing LaRussa's baseball!
)

I had a severe sprain a couple years ago, which is also tearing of cartilidge only in the ankle instead of foot, and had to wear that darn boot for 6 full months! But it was amazing how much pressure it took OFF of the foot and ankle. Be sure to take care of yourself, and no matter how silly that boot looks it really helps.