Boooo Hooooo!

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought my first Mac today, the MacBook. It's white and so pretty. And I can't use it without paying another $50 for an external modem while waiting for Roadrunner to install high-speed internet with the freakin' ethernet cable I need. Waaaaahhhhhh!

Of course, I did not realize this until I had taken down the entire old system which is now back in place. Oh, well. Soon I'll have high-speed and a fabulous computer taking up a wee bit of space. And the purchase included a free printer or $100 toward another one. So now I have scanner/copier/printer all in one. Nice.

Thanks, Sarap, for responding to my shopping post and mentioning the Mac. The sales lady told me I don't have to worry about viruses with the Mac. I do hope that's true.

markvg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't have a Mac but the people I know that have them love them!

Good luck! Once you get it all setup, I'm sure you will be very happy!

clu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
With Macs you don't have to worry about viruses, adware, spywear, etc. I have a 12" G4 Powerbook and I love it to pieces. The Macbook does have the airport chip in it so if you get a router with wireless capabilities you won't have to keep your laptop connected to an ethernet cord 24/7. That's one of the things I love about my Powerbook. I can sit in the living room, my room, my moms room or any room in our apartment and will be connected to the internet with no wires! (Except that I keep my battery plugged in as much as possible).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Clu

With Macs you don't have to worry about viruses, adware, spywear, etc. I have a 12" G4 Powerbook and I love it to pieces. The Macbook does have the airport chip in it so if you get a router with wireless capabilities you won't have to keep your laptop connected to an ethernet cord 24/7. That's one of the things I love about my Powerbook. I can sit in the living room, my room, my moms room or any room in our apartment and will be connected to the internet with no wires! (Except that I keep my battery plugged in as much as possible).
Thanks for the tip!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've had a Mac for the past year and Love it! You will to when you get your internet up and running. My boyfriend installed a wireless Airport system in the house and we can roam around the house with our laptops and stay on-line.

The cats love it too!
[/IMG]

clu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phat Locani

Thanks for the tip!
Not a problem at all! If you have any sort of questions feel free to get in touch with me. I'm a total Mac geek.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard that the Macs are great for being safe from viruses, etc. The only thing that I would be concerned about is a lot of programs are for MS computers and not for Macs. For example, I love computer games, and I know that most of mine won't work with a Mac. I'm in the market for a new computer, but I'm staying away from them for that reason.

clu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A lot of the more popular PC games are now being made for Macs. Overall the Mac computers are the better ones to have. There's no way i'll be switching back to a Windoze machine.