What's For Dinner!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gee - no what's for dinner thread? Where the heck is Susie, anyway!

Tonight, we're having stuffed meatfloaf roulade, tarragon potatoes and baby carrots with honey and butter. Everything is baked in the oven, so once the prep was done, it's easy, easy, easy! And the stuffed meatloaf is amazing - you make meatloaf with an egg, breadcrumbs, worcestershire sauce and mix it all together. Make a stuffing of bread crumbs, thyme, chopped onion, fresh ground pepper and a little bit of milk to soften. Put a sheet of waxed paper on the counter, form the meat mixture to a rectangle, place the stuffing on top and roll it up like a jelly roll and bake in a loaf pan - top with HP sauce. The tarragon potatoes are tiny red potatoes with a strip peeled around the centre of each one and then tossed with some tarragon and olive oil. Spread in a single layer in a baking pan and bake. Carrots are just baby carrots tossed with honey and butter and wrapped in foil. I bake everything at 325 F for about an hour, drain the fat from the meatloaf, cover it with foil, stir the potatoes and cover with foil and bake for another 1/2 hour.

It's a yummy meal and DH really loves it.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MmM, that sounds so good..I am coming over

:censor::censor::censor::censor:, I will probably have toast

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are having schitznel (sp?) Im not too crazy about it but its easy to cook. Im working this afternoon so I don't have time to cook. I don't know what else to have with it yet.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what were having yet but I bought stuff to make pork loin with carrots, potatoes, onions, and scallions. Or we have stuff for beef stew. So I'm not sure yet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

It also sounds like it would be very healthy
Not so sure about the healthy part, but it is very good!

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

MmM, that sounds so good..I am coming over

:censor::censor::censor::censor:, I will probably have toast
Come on over, Nat - but be careful in all that snow!

Originally Posted by Kiwideus

We are having schitznel (sp?) Im not too crazy about it but its easy to cook. Im working this afternoon so I don't have time to cook. I don't know what else to have with it yet.
I love schnitzel!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Not sure, probably nothing- I don't' feel too good.
Sorry to hear that, Kenz! Maybe it's just as well that the snow I was trying to send you didn't arrive - or would that have made you feel better?

Originally Posted by Bella713

Kenz, I'm sorry you don't feel good

I made marinara sauce and we are going to have penne and I cooked some sausage too
I love penne - any garlic bread to go with that?

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Sorry to hear that, Kenz! It's probalby just as well that the snow that I was trying to send you didn't arrive - or would that have made you feel better?

I love penne - any garlic bread with that, Helen?
It's a toss up, I can make Garlic bread or I have sweet Italian bread to...Hmmmmmm I didn't have lunch and I can't wait to eat dinner

I hope you enjoy your dinner, it sounds delicious!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Kenz, I'm sorry you don't feel good
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Sorry to hear that, Kenz! Maybe it's just as well that the snow I was trying to send you didn't arrive - or would that have made you feel better?
Thanks guys!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's a toss up, I can make Garlic bread or I have sweet Italian bread to...Hmmmmmm I didn't have lunch and I can't wait to eat dinner

I hope you enjoy your dinner, it sounds delicious!
They both sound delicious!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm excited!!! Tonight my best friend,Renae and I are going to have dinner at Wang's Mandrian House!!!!
It's one of the very best Chinese resturants in Memphis!!!!!!
It's our favorite place to go get dinner!!!!
I'm so excited!
Girls Night Out!!!
(not really, just for dinner- but hey- that's fun too! uhhh and i need a break too- colin's been a butt all day long!
)

So i will probably have:

Egg Drop Soup
Sweet & Sour Chicken
Beef Fried Rice

Soooo bad for me- but oh soooooo yummy!!! i order enough to have leftovers for several days- it's incredable! best Chinese food EVER!!!!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had open faced sandwiches and lays potato chips..
my mom bought green chili dip (as in the peppers) and it was good. I am not all for spicy food but it was good.
I may have some more chips and dip in a bit.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have some Jasmine Rice left from last night and chicken left from earlier in the week. It will probably end up in a stir fry with some veg, over the rice. Guess I'd better think about doing it sometime soon.