Picky Ferals

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds ludicrous doesnt it

Snowflake and Patches actually have the nerve to be PICKY about what food I give them.
I've been feeding them cheap-o Friskies dry food forever and the other day I bought Purina Chow because it was on sale and guess what they're turning their noses up! They go check out the food and then they come right back to my glass door and sit there and stare at me.

Same thing with wet food, for some reason there are only certain kinds they'll eat. Right now they are absolutely inhaling those new little meow mix cups. (The ingredients are quite good actually, real meats and no by-products).

I dont suppose anyone else has picky ferals

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They get spoiled don't they? You've been feeding them a LONG time and of course they're going to be picky about their food. Someone donated a bag of food to me once when they found out I fed ferals. They hated it and I had to dump it and go back to their favorite: Purina Chow.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My ferals like natural choice ....

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend is having great success feeding her ferals a mixture of Royal Canin's Fit 32 and Active Mature formulas, which are designed for outdoor cats. I've given them to my indoor kitties too on occasion and they love them!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by semiferal

My friend is having great success feeding her ferals a mixture of Royal Canin's Fit 32 and Active Mature formulas, which are designed for outdoor cats. I've given them to my indoor kitties too on occasion and they love them!
glad to know there are other ferals with umm Cadilac taste

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha cool I guess mine arent the only ones

I really cant afford to feed them the good stuff, wish I could but I already have to buy RX food for Zoey & Saki which is quite expensive, otherwise I would be feeding them the best of course! I just figure its better than any other types of 'scraps' they'll find out there if I wasnt feeding them.

Guess I'm going to have to go out and get them their Friskies tomorrow.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Spoiled ferals!
I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuxedo LOVED the new Whiskas gourmet whatever (which we fed him as a treat). Unfortunately, crystals have put him on a restricted diet. But what we do is put a layer of his prescrip food in the bag and leave it there for like a week. It absorbs the smell, and then his prescrip food smells like his Whiskas treats.

Sicycat - it seems like they're hardly ferals anymore!

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Sicycat - it seems like they're hardly ferals anymore!
I know right! Well Patches is hardly feral anymore, which I am very proud about
She's such a sweetheart, she gives me more love than Zoey & Saki do

Well they got their Friskies so they're happy campers now.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sicycat

I know right! Well Patches is hardly feral anymore, which I am very proud about
She's such a sweetheart, she gives me more love than Zoey & Saki do

Well they got their Friskies so they're happy campers now.
Awww.... that is just too sweet! You've done such a fabulous job!

Laurie

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I mixed some Chicken Soup Kitten food in with the Nutro Max Cat and my last outside feral has been eating around the Chicken Soup. He only wants the Max Cat.

I have laughed in the past about my ferals being picky. My mate said ours were probably the only ones, so I'm glad to hear it isn't so.

(I now have 15 living inside the house).

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We feed our ferals different foods so that they don't get as picky. They usually get Purina Chow or Whiskas or whatever happens to be donated.

Have you tried mixing in a few kernels of the new with the old? Cats are like that...even the picky ones will eat something once it's been put out like 15 times. I usually just switch by mixing.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

We feed our ferals different foods so that they don't get as picky. They usually get Purina Chow or Whiskas or whatever happens to be donated.

Have you tried mixing in a few kernels of the new with the old? Cats are like that...even the picky ones will eat something once it's been put out like 15 times. I usually just switch by mixing.
I tried but mine wouldnt eat ... I was hoping chn soup would work or sportmix since they are cheap at the feed stores ... theyll eat natures prarie and natural choice only...lol.. my budget barely allows for it

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

All food changes here are done by mixing the old with the new. What my guys do when they don't want the change is throw the offensive food out of the dish as they eat the pieces of what they like. That includes Lippy the outside guy.