Bbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's the weather in Chicago???

4 measly degrees.

It is so cold that we went to Ann Sather this morning at 10 and didn't have to wait for a table.

It is so cold that I have to wear sunglasses, otherwise the -20 windchill burns my eyes.

It's one of those days when your tears and saliva freeze seconds after leaving their respective orificies.

And it is also so cold that instead of practicing yesterday (which would have required me to leave the building) I sat in the computer lab with my best friend watching random things on YouTube...for 2 hours.

Thank goodness I have a heavy-duty jacket! You know it's bad when the weather people use terms like "exposure time"

Anyone else having this weather?? Stay warm!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

What's the weather in Chicago???

4 measly degrees.

It is so cold that we went to Ann Sather this morning at 10 and didn't have to wait for a table.

It is so cold that I have to wear sunglasses, otherwise the -20 windchill burns my eyes.

It's one of those days when your tears and saliva freeze seconds after leaving their respective orificies.

And it is also so cold that instead of practicing yesterday (which would have required me to leave the building) I sat in the computer lab with my best friend watching random things on YouTube...for 2 hours.

Thank goodness I have a heavy-duty jacket! You know it's bad when the weather people use terms like "exposure time"

Anyone else having this weather?? Stay warm!
Wow... no line Ann Sather that's amazing. I'm in NE Ohio so it's freezing here too... my joints ache.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, here in Iowa, it's AWFUL!!! It's -5 degrees, with a 29 below windchill...it's so cold, it practically burns your face off when you set foot outside!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's too cold! I always thought I wanted to move to Chicago... you've changed my mind now! Try to stay warm!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
We had some weather like that for a while but it got warmer a few days ago.

This winter hasn't been all that cold yet... we haven't reached -40 at all.

When it's really cold outside, my heating has difficulty keeping up (and I'm cheap and don't want to pay too much on electricity)... so last week at some point I was wearing thights, very warm socks, slippers, a fleece pyjama and a big sweater. That's when I decided it was time to turn up the heat

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

That's too cold! I always thought I wanted to move to Chicago... you've changed my mind now! Try to stay warm!
No! Don't let the weather deter you! Really, it's lovely weather here...about 80% of the time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Nah, it's totally worth it! This is the greatest city on the planet and you will not find a more prideful group of people than native Chicagoans. Were also a friendly bunch. Think New York, but cleaner, friendlier and more compact. This is a beautiful place, even when it's this cold (hey, it's sunny and Ian just told me it was a balmy 8 now!)

I actually kind of like the thrill of really cold days. Usually, it's not all that frigid here...usually sticks between 15 and 35 all winter, so not so bad at all. I actually like the 15-35 degree range...chilly but not painful. But there are always those couple weeks where the windchill will hit somewhere between -10 and -30. Those are the weeks when you take shots of Johnnie Walker before leaving the house.

We have a motto here: If you don't like the weather in Chicago, wait 5 minutes.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

No! Don't let the weather deter you! Really, it's lovely weather here...about 80% of the time!
Well I'm sure it'd be better than Texas... 100+ degree temperatures in the summer (which lasts from about April to October)...

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well I'm sure it'd be better than Texas... 100+ degree temperatures in the summer (which lasts from about April to October)...
Ari...well its been downright nippy here too. I think our low last night was 31 maybe? Of course, that's probably a hot spell compared to what you folks in Chicago are describing...Dang!, how do y'all stand it??

Ari...what part of Texas are you in? I'm in the Houston area.

Hilda >^..^<

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its a wonderful -2 here this morning!! Today's high is.... get ready for it.... -5!
With a low of -17! The windchill is -21, supposed to get down to -35 by tonight... YIKES!!

It looks nice outside- its super sunny, but I'm not looking forward to going out to run some errands later! BRrrrrr!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

We had some weather like that for a while but it got warmer a few days ago.

This winter hasn't been all that cold yet... we haven't reached -40 at all.

When it's really cold outside, my heating has difficulty keeping up (and I'm cheap and don't want to pay too much on electricity)... so last week at some point I was wearing thights, very warm socks, slippers, a fleece pyjama and a big sweater. That's when I decided it was time to turn up the heat
I keep picturing that scene from "A Christmas Story" where the little brother is being dressed up in his snow suit.

We had the cold weather for the last couple of days but are having a heat wave of 37F right now. Of course the stupid wind is blowing so it feels more like 30F.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is currently 20 here which is QUITE warm for what everyone else is telling me but the windchill makes it feel like 3. It is supposed to get to 5 monday as a high.

Kenz, THAT IS SOOOO COLD
! I wouldn't go anywhere unless freezing to death wasn't an option.....

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

Kenz, THAT IS SOOOO COLD
! I wouldn't go anywhere unless freezing to death wasn't an option.....
Yeah- its pretty chilly, but living in MN, you get used to it!
I live for these cold winters!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now its still sunny with it being 3F and a windchill of -17F (-27C). I took a plate our of the cupboard which is on the north wall and its was pretty cold!!
And the beer and water in the basement-no need to add ice its drinkable!!
I just ran out to get the mail no coat but I put on gloves and a hat it doesn't seem like its that cold. Supposed to dip to -12 tonite (before windchill) which they have forecast at 35-45 below zero. I do not plan on going anywhere outside!!
To the southern TCS members when we have to deal with these cold temps 25-30 degrees is darnright balmy-I will where a coat but will not button/zip it closed.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Ever since the original owners sold the restaurant it's not what it used to be back in the 80's. I think Clarke's is much better and just a block or 2 away from Ann Sather. But I do agree that Chicago is a fabulous city, everything you could want and more, even the frigid weather.

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here in the London (UK not Canada) we have been having some crazily mild weather, today I wore a light jacket instead of a coat. I am not trying to gloat here, only mentioned this because I find this weather really troubling.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, some of you have some really cold weather! I like the cold, but that's too cold! It's 23 here with a windchill of 11. Tonight it's going down to 10 and I think only 5 over night tomorrow. We're lucky if we get out of the teens on Monday. I like the cold but not to the extreme. I'm okay with 20's and 30's with no wind though... now that I enjoy.