I thought I liked my job?

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I showed up for work yesterday and my picture was taken while I sat out back and waited for the stock to arrive.

I guess I wasn't very impressed because I got to work at 12 which is when the stock usually arrives and then I just have to scan it all and put it into the computer, hang it up and let the ladies put it where it's supposed to go in the store and then I can go home. but if it's not there it means I have to stay at work later.

Hazel told me to smile. ... so I kinda did.

So where do you all work?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work at a call center dealing with stupid people all day so I have that look for 8 hours straight! Think of it this way...you're getting paid for sitting and waiting. Its frustrating but makes for a better pay check, right? Maybe you can have something in the office to do while you're waiting...read a book or balance your checkbook? But, that expression is priceless!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a stay at home meowmie

Lori where you do work? Looks familiar...like the office Naomi worked in when she managed the Dollar Tree.

Hilda >^..^<

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
here's the front.

I love my store! Sure... I'm at the bottom of the management chain. But that's the best way to be.

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
see, I'll be a stay at home/work from home mom someday.
That's the plan when hubby and I finish school.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work in a call center as customer service for Directv. It's ok, it's kinda boring, but it pays pretty well and has benefits.
I am also still working part time as a massage therapist at a salon.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I work part time for New Zealand Post as a mail officer. I am also a full time student, going for a degree in science.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work for a very small charity that gives advice about funerals, especially 'alternative' and green funeral options - environmentally friendly, do-it-yourself (ie. without a funeral director), private land burial, that sort of thing.

I like the job but the pay is awful and it's chaotically run to say the least
and I am currently having to re-apply for my job due to 'restructuring'. I don't know how much restructuring an organisation with only 2 part-time paid staff requires, but there you go

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I work at a call center dealing with stupid people all day so I have that look for 8 hours straight!
I do , too. After a few hours of customers' stupidity, I can feel my brain cells leaking out of my ears.

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I work in a retirement home as one of the night nurses. Hardest thing I have to do is to push pills at 0600,
. Guess that calls me a drug pusher????
I love my job.

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
such interesting jobs. Except for the call centre ones
I feel your pain. Back in the day when I was always tight on money, my mother would say "work at the call centre, it's good money"

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work with a bunch of engineers and sales people. The company is in the laser industry.

Some days its good, some days its bad. Really my job should be part time since there doesn't seem to be enough work to do.