2 kittens crossed the bridge

kamadoma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just 2 weeks ago I was delighted to see Buntis (Filipino word for pregnant, coz she is always pregnant but never got to grow any of the kittens she gave birth to) in my backyard give birth to 3 kittens, but 1 week soon one went missing. Probably I'm having a suspicion with other feral cats roaming around the area causing a ruckus.

Then just yesterday I came across this horrible sight with a half-body of one kitten. Seems to be eaten by another cat. And another dead kitten crawled around by ants. It seems it gotten bitten in the neck, perhaps by another cat.

Buntis couldn't lick the dead kitten coz it was full of ants but it was surely a lot of pity. I tried to dust off the ants and Buntis dragged her away and licked her while meowing, possibly why wouldn't her little kitten move. I got this sad picture of mom and her dead kitten.

Well it was a sad sight knowing that from the 3 times Buntis got pregnant and gave birth, I never saw a single kitten grow. She just lives in my backyard along with the other cat I took in but she never had a kitten grow up big.

Rest in Peace to the kittens that were lost.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, that picture is so sad, to see that mommy cat trying to get her kitten to move, that just breaks my heart.

Sending you some hugs from Mississippi and I am sending some to the mommy cat.

I hope the next time you get to see some of her kittens.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh - how hearbreaking. The poor Momma! Rest peacefully sweet kittens - the bridge will be kinder to you than the world was.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor thing! I saw a mother dog on the road once, trying to revive her puppy that had been killed. It is so sad. Is there any way you can catch/trap her and get her spayed so this doesn't happen again?

raju

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
so sad
That looks so heartbreaking
May i say when the mother is preganant ever though
of putting her into the house until the kittens are like 8 weeks

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little things.

Rest in peace little kitties. You will be safe and happy over the bridge.

Any way you can take the mother in to get her spayed? She may be having kittens too often which would also cause them to be sick and weak.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness i can't stop the tears

Please, can you try and catch her to get her spayed so she doen't have to go through this ever again

RIP sweet babies

________________________________________[/quote]

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a dreadful sight...truly heartbreaking.

My heart is breaking for the momma who continues to deliver litters that are stolen away, and for the babies that never grow to learn of life and adulthood.

Is there any possible way for momma cat to be trapped and spayed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kamadoma

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@everyone there isn't much catch and spay programs here but I'm still trying to work things out, I really felt bad with that sight. It's like she went pregnant for the third time and still no little kitties.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences to Buntis and you on your sad losses. I hope that you can get her spayed, but if that doesn't happen, maybe you could make a pen for her that will keep the other cats out. It's probably other tomcats killing her babies - they do that so that she will go in heat, and ideally for them, give birth to kittens with their DNA. Such a sad, hard life for Buntis - my prayers are going out to you both
Susan

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sad, sad picture, I do hope that you can get her spayed, and stop her having to go through this heartache. RIP kittens.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that poor Mama Kitty is suffering.

Please...find a way to have her spayed.

RIP precious babies.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wish that there was a way we could help.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kamadoma

@everyone there isn't much catch and spay programs here but I'm still trying to work things out, I really felt bad with that sight. It's like she went pregnant for the third time and still no little kitties.
I hope you succeed, for her sake, and yours - seeing her like that just tears at the heartstrings.

Rest in peace little lives, and much comfort to your mother.