Trout discovered...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That she can go in between my duvet and duvet cover
She was playing in there all morning...right up next to my face while I was TRYING to sleep.

I have to say though, it is the cutest feeling to have a lump of cat on you, but not really on you

An boy oh boy, can those claws come through the cover..its quite thin I guess

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to make sure I always buy really thick comforters because our cats love feet than move at night. So I try to make sure I have as much padding as I can between their mouth and my feet!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Trout! For a minute I was scared and thought she'd gone and read Mooch's new trick or something. Don't want Mooch becomin another 8-bit or anything...

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh Trout! For a minute I was scared and thought she'd gone and read Mooch's new trick or something. Don't want Mooch becomin another 8-bit or anything...
Yeah, 1 8-Bit is enough around here, although we love him too!!!

Silly Trout...I'm actually kind of thankful Captain Steuben hasn't figured that one out yet. The "let's-knock-the-heat- register-cover-off-the-wall-and-run-into-the-ducts-trick" was about enough to give me a heart attack!!!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

That she can go in between my duvet and duvet cover
She was playing in there all morning...right up next to my face while I was TRYING to sleep.

I have to say though, it is the cutest feeling to have a lump of cat on you, but not really on you

An boy oh boy, can those claws come through the cover..its quite thin I guess

I know this is stupid, but what excatly is a duvet? I have never heard that before.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

a comforter

Mine do that too, and only when I am trying to make the bed!
Thanks icklemiss, I didn't know what it was, we just call it a comforter or a blanket or a quilt.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
At least you know she's discovered how to do it! I remember being frantic because I couldn't find Jamie. We searched the entire house, and accidentally discovered him sleeping between the duvet and its cover after about three hours of near hysteria. Since then, I've only bought duvet covers with zippers instead of buttons.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

a comforter

Mine do that too, and only when I am trying to make the bed!
A duvet isn't a normal comforter though..it is filled with duck down
It is sooooooo warm. You can't wash them at home, so you need a cover for them.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh lord, they don't have duvets down south! I can't believe that! Maybe it's a Canadian thing, because it's so bloody cold here in the winter. BTW - you can wash the covers! The duvet itself is in a duvet cover that you can zip off and wash!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

A duvet isn't a normal comforter though..it is filled with duck down
It is sooooooo warm. You can't wash them at home, so you need a cover for them.
I would call a duvet an eiderdown quilt or featherbed. I wash ours at home every year in the washer, hang them up (we use two singles on a king-sized bed) for a day or two to dry, and then put them in the dryer with a tennis ball to fluff them. The two we use in winter were wedding presents almost 27 years ago, and are still in pretty good shape after that treatment. We have polyester ones for the summer and spare bedroom, which also go into the washer and dryer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I would call a duvet an eiderdown quilt or featherbed. I wash ours at home every year in the washer, hang them up (we use two singles on a king-sized bed) for a day or two to dry, and then put them in the dryer with a tennis ball to fluff them. The two we use in winter were wedding presents almost 27 years ago, and are still in pretty good shape after that treatment. We have polyester ones for the summer and spare bedroom, which also go into the washer and dryer.
Hmm, I didn't know they could be washed!! Cool!

markvg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't know what a duvet was either and I'm not from the south. You learn something everyday!

I just turn up the electric heat and we all get nose bleeds from the dry air!

I guess I got to go out looking for these kind of things instead of power tools.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Duvets became all the rage in the late 70s in Toronto. I remember how excited I was to get one when I was a little girl because I could crawl inside the cover and make a tent (much like your cat!).
They originated in 18th century France. I believe the word duvet means down (like duck feathers) in french.