Valentine Cookies!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter and I just decorated Valentine's Day Cookies. You can't tell who made which ones! It was her idea to add purple, too; last year we used just white, pink, and red. I took the pic with my MacBook so, sorry, it's not too clear.

See, not all my threads are bummers.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

You can't really tell, but the cookies are huge. The big cookies are 5 in. across, on an 18 in. platter.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow! Those cookies are adorable!!! They're definitely too cute to eat!!!!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YUM! You're getting started early though, que no?
They are so pretty!

By the way...I never thought your threads are bummers. I was thinking of sending you a pm to let you know that too

Hilda >^..^<

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mmmm those look very yummy to me right now especially since I can't seem to sleep

That's so cute. So it's like a tradition you and your daughter do together??? I think that I should do something like that with my son...he's definately old enough now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, everyone, for the kind responses!

Originally Posted by IloveSiamese

...So it's like a tradition you and your daughter do together??? I think that I should do something like that with my son...he's definately old enough now
You are right; we don't usually eat refined sugar and flour, and artifical color, but this is one of the exceptions.

How old is your son? If you don't cook much with him, expect the process to take three times longer than if you do it by yourself! It's worth it, though, because eventually they actually start helping.

I have a great recipe, the cookie isn't too sweet, and the icing adds the perfect sweetness. The dough doesn't stick to the cookie cutters, even the closed ones, and is easy to work with. The icing is easy to use, and then dries hard. We've given half as gifts - we put them in a clear cellophane bag and tie with a ribbon. If anyone wants the recipes, just let me know.

This is the first time you can't tell which cookies are decorated by an adult, and which by a child. My daughter is so amazing!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are so beautiful!! They are almost to pretty to eat!!
Tell your daughter she did an amazing job, and I love the purple!!

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
These are beautiful - my mouth is watering just loking at them and the purple is perfect!!

My youngest son (aged 13) is horrified - they have a cookery class on Wednesday and they are supposed to ice a love message on their cookies for their favourite girl!!!! He is mostly into loud angry music and black clothes bearing controversial logos - WE DON'T DO LOVE STUFF!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4BadCats

...He is mostly into loud angry music and black clothes bearing controversial logos - WE DON'T DO LOVE STUFF!!!!
Tell him he could write "love" with a red circle around it, and red diagonal line through it!