Best friends phobia

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend has admitted to me that shes got a phobia! I know now why she doesnt ever come to my house

She says she just HATES going to ppls houses, and says it is a phobia?! I guess I am a bit stunned to say the least.

I told her I was going to post on here and see what other ppls view is on this.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it agoraphobia? I had that, still have it a little. It sounds ridiculous, but it sort of stinks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Is it agoraphobia? I had that, still have it a little. It sounds ridiculous, but it sort of stinks.
Hmm Im off to look that up now, thanks.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's me.! But I have learned to live with it. Work, cuz I have to and straight home (where it's safe) It's hard for other people to understand if they don't suffer from it. But it's real and please try not to take it personal. My mother makes it all about her and makes it even worse. I always say it's harder on other people than it is on me. I'm quite happy in my own safe place. My best friend is the bestfriend ever, she has had social anxiety in the past and is totally supportive. In fact...her house is one of the few places I can go ...occasionally! Because she is supportive. Just be that kind of friend cuz your friend needs that. PM me if you need to know a little more about it. I'm not an expert, but it is what I live.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't stand having visitors to my house unless I have planned for it way in advance... and it's not because my place is dirty and I would need to do major cleaning or anything.

Is that related or not?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think agoraphobia is afraid to go out of your own house...not sure if it is the same thing.

This is your best friend and you didn't notice this before?

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I think agoraphobia is afraid to go out of your own house...not sure if it is the same thing.

LOL!! No see she just started this. She used to ALWAYS come to my house and stuff, but now she doesnt even go to her own moms house or anything....

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Nah, I guess they're not the same thing. I don't have problems with crowds and stuff, but I always feel like my privacy is invaded if people come to my house or like I'm invading someone else's privacy when I go to their house, especially on short notice.
Maybe I'm just too private of a person in some ways.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kaylacat

Is she afraid to go to stores and other public places too?
Nope. And thats where I get confused.
She will go other places and it doesnt bug her, so Im unsure why going to ppls houses bothers her, and its something that has just started recently.....

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

Nah, I guess they're not the same thing. I don't have problems with crowds and stuff, but I always feel like my privacy is invaded if people come to my house or like I'm invading someone else's privacy when I go to their house, especially on short notice.
Maybe I'm just too private of a person in some ways.
That is just like me! I relish personal space and quiet time. Unless it's a close friend, I won't go over without a personal invitation and usually then I'd rather they ask. I never just drop in on someone. I get agitiated when people do that here too. Call me a hermit but that's me! If I need to run errands, I try to do them right after work and then I come straight home. No dawdling for me!