Married Couples. Public affection

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wonding. For our longtime married couples here. Do you still show public affection? Our waitress tonight was amazed to hear that we have been married 8 years and still hold hands. She thought it was cute.

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, that is cute!

Well, after some 26+ years...we don't even show affection in private!

The Thrill Is Gone!

Hilda >^..^<

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

Just wonding. For our longtime married couples here. Do you still show public affection? Our waitress tonight was amazed to hear that we have been married 8 years and still hold hands. She thought it was cute.
That is sweet!! We are coming on our 7th yr of marriage and we still show affection for one another.

clu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My partner and I cannot legally get married but no, we don't show affection in public. PDA actually annoys both of us.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well we have only been married a few months but we have been going out for 3 years and we do still hold hands, and smooch in public

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nearing 22 yrs of marriage and we didn't do alot of PDA to start!!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

Awww, that is cute!

Well, after some 26+ years...we don't even show affection in private!

The Thrill Is Gone!

Hilda >^..^<
Well I hope you are happy, I almost fell out of my chair just now.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We aren't a married couple YET but have been together 4 years today actually and it actually depends on the mood we are in

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were never a super-mooshy in public couple, but we do still ocassionally hold hands and give each other a quick peck. We've been married for over 2 years but have been together for over 7.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've been together 5 years, married for 1 1/2 and show PDA - not the gross, uncomfortable sort though
Still always hold hands or have our arms around each others shoulders, or put an arm around the other at dinner or sitting on the lounge.

We're both cuddlers, so I think we always will.

We have friends who call each other Bub constantly which drives us nuts, and another couple who have 4 kids, with the oldest being 10 or so, and they grope each other when they have people over and think it's hilarious....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

We've been together 5 years, married for 1 1/2 and show PDA - not the gross, uncomfortable sort though
Still always hold hands or have our arms around each others shoulders, or put an arm around the other at dinner or sitting on the lounge.

We're both cuddlers, so I think we always will.

We have friends who call each other Bub constantly which drives us nuts, and another couple who have 4 kids, with the oldest being 10 or so, and they grope each other when they have people over and think it's hilarious....
Groping I can see as inappropriate. But holding hands. cuddling, kissing lightly are all fine and dandy with me. Even if your old.
It always makes me smile seeing an old couple show affection. I think it's sweet.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not married yet, but Jeremy and I have been together for 6 years, we still hold hands, or I hang on to his elbow.

Groping, togue down the throat, sucking face, that's all private.
A quick, playful pat on the behind is about as far as we'll go around other people.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha! We're old, we joke about that all the time! We've been married almost 23 yrs (in March) and we still hold hands and share a kiss in public. No groping or such in public. Yuk! No one wants to see that! But I have a very sweet and affectionate husband. I'm very lucky, he's still my best friend, too. Not that he doesn't drive me batty sometimes! LOL! But I wouldn't have it any other way! I wuv him!

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

Well I hope you are happy, I almost fell out of my chair just now.

Well when you've been together as long as we have...I dunno...you're just happy being 'comfortable' together. Does that sound weird? Ok, so now and then we do hold hands in public...but not very often....an we are an 'old' couple so maybe we'd make ya smile Robin, if you ever saw us.

Hilda >^..^<

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've been married for over 11 years, and we still hold hands, I'll give him a quick smooch on the cheek, or he'll give me a hug

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PDA's are very uncomfortable to me because I embarrass really easily....I wouldn't even kiss at my own wedding in front of people...I just freeze and I don't like it.
IT's weird...I know, but at home there is plenty of affection

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When we were once in Toronto at Christmas staying with my husband's parents, he and I would catch up on our kissing while waiting for the subway train. We did this a few days in a row, and on the second day an elderly man came up to us and said, "I saw you both here yesterday, too. Are you going for the Guiness Book of World Records?"

So, I voted YES! If it bothers someone to see that we are sweet on each other, then they can look away or watch another couple arguing.

We always hold hands, and we kiss when we want to!

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

p.s. We've been together 16 years, married for almost 12.